Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 02-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Cats Eye

Default Need advice about filter.

I'm having 3 feet planted tank with CO2. Resident are 4 adult discuss, 1 clown loach, 5 tetras, 4 adult SAE, 4 Otocinclus and 3 cobalt-blue dwarf gouramis. I'm going to plant more plants (not decided what plant yet) this week end.

I need advice which internal filter would be most effective for my tank. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
elimmel
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Eye
I'm having 3 feet planted tank with CO2. Resident are 4 adult discuss, 1 clown loach, 5 tetras, 4 adult SAE, 4 Otocinclus and 3 cobalt-blue dwarf gouramis. I'm going to plant more plants (not decided what plant yet) this week end.

I need advice which internal filter would be most effective for my tank. Thank you.
discus produce quite alot of waste.
as such, you will need an effective filter for your tank.
i would suggest you get an external canister filter for your tank.
this will give you better biofiltration (more media can be placed in the canister than in a internal filter) as well as free up more space for your fishes and plants.
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
dOlBy

It will be better to get a external cannister for a 3ft tank, can get the Jebao 915 which cost $55+/- it work great for my 3ft.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
brrrrrr

alternatively, you might want to give atman 3337 a try, its not very expensive but its performance exceeds its cost.

If for internal filter, you can get any with flowrate around 600-1000 litres per hour.

Cheers
Vincent
Old 02-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #5
|ceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrrrr
alternatively, you might want to give atman 3337 a try, its not very expensive but its performance exceeds its cost.

If for internal filter, you can get any with flowrate around 600-1000 litres per hour.

Cheers
Vincent
to add to that, the spare parts are available which makes Atman
an economical and good buy
Old 02-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
plantmania

Atman is good. Even though you are getting an internal filter, remember to change your water often, cos your bioload is on the high side.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #7
ZhiQiang

try the dolphin c700... works good till now for me...
Old 02-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
Cats Eye

Thank you all, as I expected an external cannister would be best. Ok then, shall get one. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:45 AM   #9
D!Concept

by the way what filter system are you using right now? external canister filter not only effective but easy to clean and access. good luck bro!