Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 20-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
unity

Default New Tetra Canister Filter

hi,
i dunno whether should i post this in filtration section or here cos i'm a planted tank enthusiast and all my kakis are in this section.
saw the new tetra canister filter at C328 yesterday. cost between $150-$200 (shouldn't post exact figures). two models available. suitable for 2ft to 4ft tank. the lady boss told me that it just arrived 2 days ago. no spare parts and warranty coverage available at the moment. the canister and parts included looks fantastic. anyone of u guys ever read the review before?

dear moderator, please move this thread if u feel it's in the wrong section. sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Old 21-02-2005, 04:21 AM   #2
Brendon

Default medium

how many layers of filter medium bro?
Old 21-02-2005, 04:43 AM   #3
|ceberg

Thumbs up

this is the Tetra external canister filter in question

very futuristic looking
check this out -->http://www.tetra-jp.com/expower/index.html
Old 21-02-2005, 05:14 AM   #4
Brendon

Default thx

thx! a picture says a thousand words
Old 21-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
higher

Well guys, its up to you to decide it it stays or goes.
Let me have your inputs in this thread.

My suggestion is to move it to filteration and post a linked thread here.
Anyone else got a better suggestion?

Cheers,
Jerome
Old 21-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
platyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unity
hi,
i dunno whether should i post this in filtration section or here cos i'm a planted tank enthusiast and all my kakis are in this section.
saw the new tetra canister filter at C328 yesterday. cost between $150-$200 (shouldn't post exact figures). two models available. suitable for 2ft to 4ft tank. the lady boss told me that it just arrived 2 days ago. no spare parts and warranty coverage available at the moment. the canister and parts included looks fantastic. anyone of u guys ever read the review before?

dear moderator, please move this thread if u feel it's in the wrong section. sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For the package, everything is included. Just plug and play. Cool and smooth. The problem with new products is that it takes time to know if the motor is noisy. Most of the brand new motors are very silent until one fine day...

Using the model 75 now. No idea about the review. Anything that you would like to know?
Old 21-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
ZhiQiang

nice design... but will it perform as good as ehiem at this price?
Old 21-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #8
dOlBy

I just went to C328 during lunch time & checked out the tetra cannister 75 model. I found that the overall plastic quality is not that good for the price.
Old 21-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #9
unity

hi platyfanatic,
have u ever used ehiem before?
can do a comparison? thanks.
Old 21-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #10
platyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unity
hi platyfanatic,
have u ever used ehiem before?
can do a comparison? thanks.
I am using Eheim 2028s for bigger tanks and classic version 2213 for smaller tanks.

Pro II are good to use because of the release value that will prevent water flow. The other is the water pump.

Classics lack of both. The tetra series have the combination of a small cannister filter with shut off values and a pump, that is very easy to use.

It is good for small tanks who wants to have a good cannister filter. Very silent for the time being. As for the plastics, different taste to different people.

And Bro Unity, I got Zapped 1 point by an unidentified Bro for answering your queries.

To the Bro who Zapped me, at least let me know your comment for zapping. Thanks.