Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Tamama

Default Should I reduce flow rate?

I am using a eihem class 440L/H. I find the flow rate is a bit too strong for my little 1.5f tank. I am connecting it to cl280 chiller. I am also worried if I try to reduce the flowrate, it may spoil the chiller.

Now I point the rainbar towards the wall to which is attached in order to minimize the flow rate. However, I think sooner or later when fissiden grows up.. it may be blown away by the water flow.

Is there any good way to reduce the impact of the water flow from the rainbar yet maintain a good CO2 circulation?

Drill the hole bigger or drill more hole from the rainbar? haha..

Any advice on managing the flowrate or water circulation? Thanks!

Last edited by Tamama; 24-06-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamama View Post
I am using a eihem class 440L/H. I find the flow rate is a bit too strong for my little 1.5f tank. I am connecting it to cl280 chiller. I am also worried if I try to reduce the flowrate, it may spoil the chiller.

Now I point the rainbar towards the wall to which is attached in order to minimize the flow rate. However, I think sooner or later when fissiden grows up.. it may be blown away by the water flow.

Is there any good way to reduce the impact of the water flow from the rainbar yet maintain a good CO2 circulation?

Drill the hole bigger or drill more hole from the rainbar? haha..

Any advice on managing the flowrate or water circulation? Thanks!
i think u've got solution in mind.
thomas-seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Tamama

i did that... my hand is painful now.. i use a screw driver to do that.. but i think my mosses are still kinda swaying.. should i drill it till the mosses are still.. not affected by the current?
Old 07-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamama View Post
i did that... my hand is painful now.. i use a screw driver to do that.. but i think my mosses are still kinda swaying.. should i drill it till the mosses are still.. not affected by the current?
try get it done by drill set, nicer.
i just did for my colleague's 411 tank and he just called me an hour ago, said that he's very satisfied with the result.
what i did was using a dia +-15mm, 3ft pipe, holes drilled with 2.5mm drill bit, 1" spacing.
his canister flowrate is above 1000l/h.
hope base on my case will help u correct your situation.
thomas-seah is offline   Reply With Quote