Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 16-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
albertlow
Arofanatic

Default Tanning Light Brand & Position

Hi Guys, mind to share photo of positioning of tanning light in tank for Golden Arowana and also brand you guys are using?

My 24K gold XB is about 11", is it due for tanning?
albertlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

again . .... ... ... ..

... WHY must tan Gold aros??
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
shark
Dragon

tanning is a long and time consuming process.. sometime after tanning stop the color will drop too.. also tanning will cause stress to the aro, water temp go up etc

but should you really want to tan... go for acadia tanning light.. not cheap but the most efective as the light tube got UVA and UVB.. position depend on where you fish most swim... be it on top, middle all depend on the fish... sometime the positing might stress the aro and so need to relocate the light until aro look fine and swimming as per normal
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
albertlow
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokmc View Post
again . .... ... ... ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
tanning is a long and time consuming process.. sometime after tanning stop the color will drop too.. also tanning will cause stress to the aro, water temp go up etc

but should you really want to tan... go for acadia tanning light.. not cheap but the most efective as the light tube got UVA and UVB.. position depend on where you fish most swim... be it on top, middle all depend on the fish... sometime the positing might stress the aro and so need to relocate the light until aro look fine and swimming as per normal
So not recommended to tan gold??? How about Miracle Light/4200K warm gold light will enchance the viewing appearance?
Old 16-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
shark
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertlow View Post
So not recommended to tan gold??? How about Miracle Light/4200K warm gold light will enchance the viewing appearance?
tanning is really individual.. some ppl like to tan their gold until all color very nice.. but some just prefer to let the fish develop itself..

any LED yellow light can be use to enhance the viewing... but if the fish itself does not have the yellow/gold tone, when it swim away from the light you will see a big different... also using those too yellowish lighting might make your tank overall look yellow.. when you have a blue color base, it will look like green if the light is too strong

for my aro, I do put 3 strip of yellow color LED ontop the tank.. like u .. I like to see a gold bar swimming in my tank.. but when the light is OFF during the day.. the true less-colorful fish will still be there..
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #6
albertlow
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
tanning is really individual.. some ppl like to tan their gold until all color very nice.. but some just prefer to let the fish develop itself..

any LED yellow light can be use to enhance the viewing... but if the fish itself does not have the yellow/gold tone, when it swim away from the light you will see a big different... also using those too yellowish lighting might make your tank overall look yellow.. when you have a blue color base, it will look like green if the light is too strong

for my aro, I do put 3 strip of yellow color LED ontop the tank.. like u .. I like to see a gold bar swimming in my tank.. but when the light is OFF during the day.. the true less-colorful fish will still be there..
Bro, can share the lighting arrangement of your tank and overview with the light on? I'm still learning
Old 16-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
matthew
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokmc View Post
again . .... ... ... ..

me dun bother to reply liao...
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 01:38 AM   #8
tommyn

But for a uva uvb to work, don't you have to ensure no glass in between water and lighting? Seen LFS do tanning before, I don't understand what is it all about when they put the lighting infront of the tank and on the lighting, what amt of uva uvb ever gets to the aro? And coming to proper full spectrum lighting, shouldn't the reptile brands lights be used rather than the aquarium brands?
tommyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #9
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
me dun bother to reply liao...
LoL
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertlow View Post
personal CHOiCE. .. .. tho I never seen the Need or purpose..

so what if you tan [even with MH etc]? What would you like to achieve?

ANY 'warm'white tubes [t5 t8 Led etc] also wil make your XB 'g o l d' BUT ... .. WHY would you wana cheat your own eyes & feelings?

have a Great WEEK ahead.... .... don't stresssss yourself & your Aro
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #10
moorthy
Arofanatic

Last saturday i got Teng bao T6 92cm (3 feet) with UVA and UVB for my aro any comments about that brand.

It can be used submersible or out of water.mentioned espacially for arowana
moorthy is offline   Reply With Quote