Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #61
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
Nice... Let them stablise... Btw, what is their size?
Stabalise????...please explain brother, thought when they swim with the others, no fighting or struggle for Alpha position that can be considered stablaised.... my secret is eveytime I introduce a new adddition (s) I feed them. As they are eating in goes the newbies and soon ecitement dies down and everything settles back to normal That is stabalise for me..hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venustus View Post
Wow bro. Your progress in cichlids is going very well. Nice collection you have now. But a word of caution, look out for any sign of nipped fins whenever you introduce small fishes.

Thank you bro - I believe anything worth doing is worth doing well - this si the way I take any hobby. When I strated with parrot from one I ended with fifty Persian cats from one air to twenty persians and when it was cavalier king charles it was twelve, and goldfish from one tank to twenty three. but this time where fronts are concerened got new boss with new rules..heee heee heee

Poison stage over. Now excitement lah!

Waugh!!!beauuuuttttiiifffffuuulllllll swee argh two thumbs up! Love your background very serene and calm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
bro need to do spell check hahaha
it's Epiphone, foreverfrontosa and venustus
Sorreeee very new here cma homw sleepy and shacked - whole week teaching and training then come home and "play" with my new aquisitions till weeeee weeee hours of the a.m. like four am or five am
Quote:
congrats on the new buy.looks ok (: need to wait for it to stabilise..
Thanks and please assist

BM

Last edited by Betta Mania; 28-08-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: forgot to edit and also additional materials

Old 29-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #62
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
Nice... Let them stablise... Btw, what is their size?
One of them about 2" and the other abt 3.5'' O believe good quality and coloration Really good deal. Plus got two lelupi as well from Bro Ornata

Old 29-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #63
Betta Mania

Thumbs up Calling all who love the MIGHTY FRONTOSA ...assemble and be heard!

Yo Frontosa buddies, I understand our pets tend to be shy and retiring but you dun haff to be dat way too......

Assemble and be heard. Past present front owners, share your views ...lai arh....lai arh ..post your experience here......join us TDAY!

Old 29-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #64
Epiphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Yo Frontosa buddies, I understand our pets tend to be shy and retiring but you dun haff to be dat way too......

Assemble and be heard. Past present front owners, share your views ...lai arh....lai arh ..post your experience here......join us TDAY!
wah..siao on....haha

Old 29-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #65
frontosa
Dragon

Quote:
Stabalise????...please explain brother
My interpretion of "stabilise" is for them to settle into the new environment and more importantly, get accustomed to their "new tank" water parameters. Only when they feel at home, will their true potential come out.

So BM, how many pcs you have in your collection already? You been adding until we all lost count liao Anyway, good time to "gauge" them is during feeding time - do all come rushing for food? Watch out for any loners that hide one corner as indication of stress.
Old 29-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #66
Betta Mania

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontosa View Post
My interpretion of "stabilise" is for them to settle into the new environment and more importantly, get accustomed to their "new tank" water parameters. Only when they feel at home, will their true potential come out.

So BM, how many pcs you have in your collection already? You been adding until we all lost count liao Anyway, good time to "gauge" them is during feeding time - do all come rushing for food? Watch out for any loners that hide one corner as indication of stress.
Total 25 pcs - 9 yours + 6 from Jebus + 1 Moba from echua + 2 from Ornata + bought 4 from various LFS + 3 QH = 25 pcs Currentlythey have allstabalised as I increased their ph and salinity level. Their colours have deepened and they are more lively with their fins flared rather tahn huddled and fins closed moping. Great to see them this way Will share my pics and if can a video

Old 30-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #67
Betta Mania

Thumbs up Best advice from a YOUNG MAN who is Young Man.....

Quote:
for your tank you have got both burundi and mblue.quality wise i would say not bad actually.but getting a good piece is just the first step, after that, alot of emphasis on rearing, tank parameters etc etc comes in and has a heavy weightage on how it will turn out (:

eg: i can spend big bucks and buy a superb WC specimen but without proper care, it will still turn out lousy.

so your tank may have burundi, but if taken care of, they are really beautiful (: cos to me, burundis has e best body proportion
(Taken from FRONTASIA thread)

Share your views bros and also whilst you are at it.......

1. ) What is your favourite FRONTOSA...views please Barundis, Mobas, Zaire,Mimbewe??????.........

2.) What color backing to use...light blue, black , dark blue???? (BTW idea for background - today went to Popular after visiting Ciphos website and saw ideas for background. Got myself colored plastic cardboard and taped 3 pieces together used latest stick it bly Bluetack - Wow swee! Will post pics later/) Anyways which colour black, dark blue, midnight blue. skyblue. marine green???

3.) Lastly, anyone used Seachem? What are your views - use or not use???...

This should keep our thread beee zeeee!

Last edited by Betta Mania; 30-08-2010 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Afterthoughts and editing

Old 30-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #68
Ornata

Hi guys, just to join in. These are my fronts and my full tank shot. Dark gravel brings out the fronts' color best but I prefer black background with natural white sand.

Last edited by Ornata; 19-09-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Old 30-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #69
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venustus View Post

Simple and nice looking
Old 30-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #70
Epiphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornata View Post
Hi guys, just to join in. These are my fronts and my full tank shot. Dark gravel brings out the fronts' color best but I prefer black background with natural white sand.
One word....SWEE!!

btw, Fronts are doing well

Closed Thread