Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 14-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #91
TOM32
Dragon

Dear Teacher and fellow classmates

1. archie2000
2. liquidnoise
3. chua_jacky
4. alvin24
5. loowk @96804855
6. vetduck (special guest appearance)
7. snoopy
8. fatboy68

It is my great honor to have all of you at my place.
The explanation and demonstration were great, thanks to our teacher, archie2000 Mr Andrew. Also many thanks to our special guest [Venduck - Mr Simon for the excellent pictures taken during the lecture.

Unfortunately, we were not able to get the water flowing out
at the final stage. I've managed to dismantle the unit and found out
that the coil tube at several points were actually bent hence blocking the flow.

I managed to coil the air tube on a 3" pvc dia [externally]. This 3" pipe length is also 2.5 feet. Total length of air tube i can coil on this 3" pipe is about 40M. I then insert the coiled 3" pipe into the 4" dia pipe. Use a few 1/2 inch thick filter meshs and insert them on the gap between the 3" and 4" pvc pipe. This will hold and stablize the 3" pipe. Closed and sealed both ends and it works

I will leaving for Japan tonight and will be back 28 Mar 05.
I will try to work on a bigger dia air tube [12-15mm Dia] and try to extend
the length to 80 to 120M when I am back. Hope this will increase the flow rate [capacity].

Regards
TOM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #92
liquidnoise

cheers tony, so inlet bigger dimeter. to increase pressure. why did we tot of it tat day. hahaha
Old 14-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #93
liquidnoise

the other way i was thinking to prevent the bends. Just tot of it. Use 2 PVC pipe. one slightly bigger then the other. coil aound the smaller one. this ensures no bend. at the end, cut a groove to allow the tude out. place the digger diameter ove the smaller diameter, this way we can get even longer the 20m and also no need a have serparate coil like wat we tot of.
Old 14-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #94
Repz

i was just wondering how do u coil without it dropping do u glue the tubing to the pvc?
Old 14-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #95
liquidnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repz
i was just wondering how do u coil without it dropping do u glue the tubing to the pvc?
I have not tried but thats just an idea. I c sum times ppl keep tubes like tat. coilling over a pipe
Old 14-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #96
Repz

in vetducks DIY denitrator he scrunches it in a ball or somthing
coils it into a ball ?
is this how you are suppose to do it
im still abit unsure
thinking of starting the project soon
Old 14-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #97
tagore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repz
u just have to twist until you get the tension to expand the coil to the perimeter. I did a three feet one so my hand cannot go in.
Old 14-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #98
Repz

how would you twist the air tubing to begin with
?place it all in a rotate clockwise or something?
Old 14-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #99
Vetduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
Last but not least Vetduck. I seriously was wondering wat were u toking bt when u said u did operation on died fishes on PLJ. i was thinking wah this guy so rich so many died aro to play ard. plus. so daring to operated sumemore. little did i noe u were actual vet. whahahhaah so maloo. I love ur ride man. if I go pasay gudung next time roud, u interested to join?
I have brought dogs to the clinic b4 but how cum nber see u? i always see a lady vet. U know the lady vet down at the clinic in serangoon north? if so intro leh
You go to Serangoon North or Clementi? I'm only at Clementi, Sunset Way. Unfortunately the lady vet at Serangoon has got a BF already. Are you with the Subaru Club? Will definitely be interested to go Pasay Gudung, but never can get time off to go leh.
Old 15-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #100
liquidnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetduck
You go to Serangoon North or Clementi? I'm only at Clementi, Sunset Way. Unfortunately the lady vet at Serangoon has got a BF already. Are you with the Subaru Club? Will definitely be interested to go Pasay Gudung, but never can get time off to go leh.
My dog goes to serangoon nth. I brought abused dog to sunset way twice also leh. Damn it, too late, hehehe, still can cum out wat as firends mah. Yes I am but nowadays very seldom get involved. sumtimes some friends will ask me to join them for track. will ask if I am going, which day of the week u normally okay to go?