Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 04-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
GreenTea
Senior Dragon

Default Advice on 2 reactors....

due to alot of co2 wastage, my 6x2x2 with sump consumes abt a 10l cylinder every 3 mths...

which to me is quite siong... thus, i was wondering if i add another reactor in the sump, will it improve the disssolving of the co2 and thus minimising the wastage? as most of the time, i will see the whole reactor filled with swirling co2 and at times, some co2 will escape from the outlet of the reactor...

i was thinking of connecting a split valve to 2 reactors...

anyone done that b4?
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #2
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea
due to alot of co2 wastage, my 6x2x2 with sump consumes abt a 10l cylinder every 3 mths...

which to me is quite siong... thus, i was wondering if i add another reactor in the sump, will it improve the disssolving of the co2 and thus minimising the wastage? as most of the time, i will see the whole reactor filled with swirling co2 and at times, some co2 will escape from the outlet of the reactor...

anyone done that b4?
maybe can add another internal reactor inside the tank. get a long long jet type with the balls DIYed to aid in disolving. ahould be able to help ba. or try to lower ur co2 input and increase the rate of dissolved co2. may be better that way. save ur money on co2
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #3
dOlBy

I think the best reactor is those modified from water filter holder. Can be bought from NA or Gratialo.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
PeterGwee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea

anyone done that b4?
Reduce any form of splashing in the overflow section and try to cover the sump tightly or remove the wet/dry section (replace it with a filter bag).

For the reactor, you can consider the design of Ghazanfar Ghori's DIY external reactor coupled with a venturi point for extra efficiency. Use an individual powerhead (flow must be as high as possible without the reactor burping though) and run the reactor. Place the reactor in the sump where the return is and direct the outflow towards the intake of the return pump. Return the CO2 riched water along the bottom back of the tank pointing towards the front with a spraybar. That should maximize the CO2 use.

Regards
Peter Gwee