Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #301
weixiong80

wow is the crayfish guru making a comeback??welcome back!!!! hee hee hee

anyway my latest addition to my cray tank died.....my bro just found it dead stationary in its track the other day.....gosh bought it for like 2 wks and died.....
but my first cray was still doing fine and even moult ard the time the newbie died.....quite a relief actually as the one dying could have been my first.....

my colleague caught a cray recently, carapace length is 6.5cm. wayyy too big to put in my cray tank so i put it in a small fish tank......prob putting it in my inlaw's fish tank as they have a huge fish tank with a sucker and PNT in it.

i have uploaded a few new pics to my flickr album. include the deceased cray and the one which my colleague pass to me.

Old 14-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #302
xaine
Dragon

with a cray of that size, would be nicer with a bigger tank, if not, you will find it pinching it's tankmates
Old 14-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #303
Lobsterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiong80 View Post
wow is the crayfish guru making a comeback??welcome back!!!! hee hee hee

anyway my latest addition to my cray tank died.....my bro just found it dead stationary in its track the other day.....gosh bought it for like 2 wks and died.....
but my first cray was still doing fine and even moult ard the time the newbie died.....quite a relief actually as the one dying could have been my first.....

my colleague caught a cray recently, carapace length is 6.5cm. wayyy too big to put in my cray tank so i put it in a small fish tank......prob putting it in my inlaw's fish tank as they have a huge fish tank with a sucker and PNT in it.

i have uploaded a few new pics to my flickr album. include the deceased cray and the one which my colleague pass to me.
I have had the more exotic crays dying on me in the way you described but not the C.Quads or P. Clarkiis. Maybe photos would be nice? BTW, PNTs look cute but will eat the crays.

Old 14-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #304
dnsfpl
Dragon

what is the ideal no of white crayfish for a 2 by 1 feet tank with a pleco?

thanks
Old 14-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #305
Lobsterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsfpl View Post
what is the ideal no of white crayfish for a 2 by 1 feet tank with a pleco?

thanks
I have had up to 5 adult P.Clarkiis, but whenever there is a moult, I will separate the newly moulted cray.

Old 14-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #306
weixiong80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsterman View Post
I have had the more exotic crays dying on me in the way you described but not the C.Quads or P. Clarkiis. Maybe photos would be nice? BTW, PNTs look cute but will eat the crays.
i have uploaded but i dont think the pic is clear......
anyway today on leave so i pop by clementi(far.........) and saw they have alot of crays in the house!!!! they have orange, blue,red, black and white. the black i think are devastator coz i notice the claw damn huge for a small black cray.....
i bought an orange cray for 8 bucks. orange crays should belong to the normal blue and red family right?? so should be easy to keep right......i also bought 2 pieces of driftwood........any idea how they should be pre-treated before i put them in the tank???

oh i also bought ammonia tester and the result was 0......i thought i will get like 3-5......

also bought taiwan moss hehehehe wanted to try keeping moss in the tank.....is it wise to first grow the moss in a serperate tank before putting them in the main tank????

Old 14-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #307
dnsfpl
Dragon

Quote:
I have had up to 5 adult P.Clarkiis, but whenever there is a moult, I will separate the newly moulted cray.
i guess 3-4 will be safe

thanks
Old 14-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #308
Lobsterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiong80 View Post
i have uploaded but i dont think the pic is clear......
anyway today on leave so i pop by clementi(far.........) and saw they have alot of crays in the house!!!! they have orange, blue,red, black and white. the black i think are devastator coz i notice the claw damn huge for a small black cray.....
i bought an orange cray for 8 bucks. orange crays should belong to the normal blue and red family right?? so should be easy to keep right......i also bought 2 pieces of driftwood........any idea how they should be pre-treated before i put them in the tank???

oh i also bought ammonia tester and the result was 0......i thought i will get like 3-5......

also bought taiwan moss hehehehe wanted to try keeping moss in the tank.....is it wise to first grow the moss in a serperate tank before putting them in the main tank????
That sounds like a lot of crays! Colours are not good indcators of species. I still think that the orange ones are Cherax SP.

Old 14-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #309
weixiong80

Quote:
That sounds like a lot of crays! Colours are not good indcators of species. I still think that the orange ones are Cherax SP.
how to really tell the species? so far im only able tell by looking at their sex organs.

Old 14-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #310
weixiong80

damn did not check my purchase when i left the shop just now. realise aunty forgot to put in the three plastic mesh into my bag.............haizzzz there goes 3 bucks......

anyway i just put in the orange with my blue........and realise that the claw of the orange also quite big(looks like the claw of koonac) whereas the claw of my blue is slender one.......
chasing each other around.........need more hideouts for them i guess......

the orange just now flip sideways and then back again followed by a single claw waving actions....what does it mean?
really wish this one can survive...................

posted pics liao....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1406656...7604947284429/

Last edited by weixiong80; 14-05-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: add link

Closed Thread