Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 19-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #11
terenz

thank you all the advise
terenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #12
takanori
Senior Dragon

Get more is always better. Especially you only have 4ft tank means volume lesser and higher fluctuation. My sump think got almost 20kg biohomme and other media and i keep feel not enough but already not space fill up.
takanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #13
patclay
Dragon

Bro terenz, probably you want to get a mixture of filter medias as there could be different types of minerals available in different filter medias. I have biohome plus, Azoo Active 4 in 1, marine pure, sera siporax and combining all, I notice my fishes appetite improve, water is clearer, fishes are more active, and fish colour is more vibrant.
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #14
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclay View Post
Bro terenz, probably you want to get a mixture of filter medias as there could be different types of minerals available in different filter medias. I have biohome plus, Azoo Active 4 in 1, marine pure, sera siporax and combining all, I notice my fishes appetite improve, water is clearer, fishes are more active, and fish colour is more vibrant.
Is it necessary to have a variety of medias? Any reasons why ?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #15
patclay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Is it necessary to have a variety of medias? Any reasons why ?
Just felt that each media might be effective in its own way hence mixing different medias could bring out the best in each.
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #16
terenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclay View Post
Just felt that each media might be effective in its own way hence mixing different medias could bring out the best in each.
Agree with patclay, I was advise my a friend to mix the medias dont just rely on one type.

Currently I have 20litres glafoam, 10liters aquaclay F4, 2 liters bio home. Hopefuly it is enough to keep my aro and rays happy. My L240 pleco is hardy been with me for 10 years very hardy, survived in many of my previous tanks gone through the learning process with me.
terenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #17
canopy
Dragon

media is to house BB right? There is no wrong using only 1 type of media imo. If Azoo is better than BioHomme then get all Azoo lor..
canopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #18
Brichardi
Dragon

Haha...the kiasu Singaporean!

Personally, mixing medias or solely using 1 particular type is small issue. The important thing is maximising each (canister/sump/OHF/etc). Usually those starting a new tank will either use w/e existing medias leftovers they have and top-up the balance or just buy any brands they have been comfortable with. $ plays an issue too.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote