Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 24-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bBxiAng View Post
hey all bros~ thanks for the advices given! so far the 2 main problems identified were ph burns and chlorine burns...ive to say that i dont see any slimes....pure peeling...so can i assume that it is then chlorine burn?

in that case...ive a problem because i dont really have the space to age a huge amount of water! bro lincolngoh...so pure water wont be enough to remove the chlorine if i were to add as i add the water? will stress guard or other anti chlorine do? if i really have to add water directly...

cheers bro~ really thanks so much for the help

anyway my mum spotted the male ray swimming today when i wasnt home....tml i shall start to feed and see if its eating...my worry is still the nxt water change!
..maybe you can look into pre-filters canisters... that removes chlorine before it hits the tank...
Old 24-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #22
bBxiAng

thank you so much for all the help! yup..good luck to both of us....
Old 25-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
bBxiAng

i bought the NEW WATER GUARD from 328 yesterday night!! on it states that it removes chlorine and chlormines immediately!! was sceptical at the start but dont have much of a choice!

this morning ...just topped up my tank with 20% tap water direct...added slight overdose of the new water guard and to my surprise, the male didnt shed at all (it was the one worse off among the 2)....the female showed just very slight shedding...almost negligible!! nxt water change ill overdose abit more and i think it shld do the trick...

so bro lincolgoh~ guess ur right about the chlorine! hope this helps..especially the other bro who is having the same problem as me =))
Old 26-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #24
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

dont think pure liquid is anti chlorine/chloramine.
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
lyan

Default ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
dont think pure liquid is anti chlorine/chloramine.
U are right. Pure liquid is to make your water crystal clear not reduce chlorine/chloramine. Some of these clear water water or crystal can pull down your PH to 4.5 if too much is added. IF that is a cichlid, it may even kill them for PH shock. The more important is to remove chloramine from our tap water which can kill anything in your tank even white spot. U can use anti chloramine or activated crystal carbon to remove them. Fast removal is anti chloramine liquid. Sorry to say, try not to use china brand cos it kill all to my knowledge. To remove most of them is act carbon. Put act carbon there for 2 days is enough to c the difference. U may wan to take them out to reuse them again after suntan. enjoy reading.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #26
bBxiAng

hhaa thanks for the info~ dont know leh...written on the back of the pure liquid box clearly states can remove chlorine

but i guess it takes time....rather than the anti chlorine in the market which is being advertised for its ability to remove chlorine immediately...

anyway done 2 water changes with new water guard...so far so good....tml will be changing a bigger percentage water (33%)~ shall see how~

thanks EVERYONE who helped me with this issue over here thanks!!