Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss

Old 29-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #1
skylar

redcross help !!!!wat happened?

this has happen since last week . i thought it will heal. but it started from small bend (tail pointing down) to a big angle (now got ard 45 degrees). this morning even the top view of my rtg is curved.

before this incident my aro got some pimples on its tail so i added some external parasite lotion. then it was still eating.

two weeks after the medication. it just stop eating and became like tat.(i stop the medication last week)
could it be internal parasite invasion?? pls help!!!
its looking pale and weak!!! but it is still swimming around.

wat should i do ????
should i on heater, add salt?

my tank is 4x2x2ft.
couldnt measure PH.(no PH pen)

diet of my RTG inculde MP, frogs and small fish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04453.JPG (23.2 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04458.JPG (28.2 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04476.JPG (26.4 KB, 448 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04468.JPG (26.1 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04485.JPG (25.5 KB, 450 views)

Last edited by skylar; 29-07-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 29-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Watts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar
this has happen since last week . i thought it will heal. but it started from small bend (tail pointing down) to a big angle (now got ard 45 degrees). this morning even the top view of my rtg is curved.

before this incident my aro got smoe pimples on its tail so i added some exeternal parasite lotion. then it was still eating.

two weeks after the medication. it just stop eating and became like tat.
its looking pale and weak!!!

Seem like having swim bladder problem. Suggest you lower water level (1 inches above its back), add Epsom salt & on Heater (Temp. 32 Deg C.). If doesn't cure within a week or 2 then must sent your fish for Vet.
Old 29-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts
Seem like having swim bladder problem. Suggest you lower water level (1 inches above its back), add Epsom salt & on Heater (Temp. 32 Deg C.). If doesn't cure within a week or 2 then must sent your fish for Vet.
Yes, should be swim bladder, internal parasite problem. Try the above n also get some internal parasite medicine. ALl the best.
phillife76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #4
menthol28
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar

before this incident my aro got some pimples on its tail so i added some external parasite lotion. then it was still eating.

two weeks after the medication. it just stop eating and became like tat.(i stop the medication last week)
its looking pale and weak!!!

wat should i do ????
should i on heater, add salt?

my tank is 4x2x2ft.
couldnt measure PH.(no PH pen)

diet of my RTG inculde MP, frogs and small fish

i think your aro seriously in need of pro help....instead of waiting, why not pm vetduck to see wat he can advice you
all the best
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #5
^GeNoME^
Dragon

looks more like a spinal problem... search for the past threads..
recommend u to go to bro vetduck clinic oso.. gd services... he oso do hse call.. brought my aro there b4 therefore i will recommend u to go there... no pt putting in all the medication if u do not know the exact cause of the problem... it might get worse only..

Mount Pleasant Animal Medical Centre Pte Lt
Blk 105 Clementi St 12 #01-18 Singapore 120105
Telephone : 6776 8858
Fax : 6776 1678

better make a appointment b4 u go...
^GeNoME^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
davefish

I think its some kind of shock that caused spasm to the nervous system.
Old 29-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #7
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Hope the spine is ok. Looks bad to me. Better contact a vet ASAP.
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #8
Hobbit6003
Dragon

Hi,

Your fish has entered a state of a spasmodic shock, which can happen if there's a sudden drastic change to its environment, and that includes the various water parameters.

It is hard to ascertain what was that change that resulted in your fish having such a problem, so why don't you start by telling us what are your water parameters?

What medication were you using before this? What's the dosage?

As for the pimples on the tail, it is usually nothing more than a localised bacterial infection of sorts.

If you're not too sure what it is, try not to self medicate. Arowanas are very hardy fishes and their demise are usually down to us overreacting and thus erroneously diagnosing and treating the fish.

As of now, what you should do is to maintain the various water parameters at a constant, and try not fiddle around too much.

If you're not sure how to handle it, then I'd suggest getting it to a vet hospital.

Cheers,

Kenny
Hobbit6003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #9
skylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit6003
Hi,

Your fish has entered a state of a spasmodic shock, which can happen if there's a sudden drastic change to its environment, and that includes the various water parameters.

It is hard to ascertain what was that change that resulted in your fish having such a problem, so why don't you start by telling us what are your water parameters?

What medication were you using before this? What's the dosage?

As for the pimples on the tail, it is usually nothing more than a localised bacterial infection of sorts.

If you're not too sure what it is, try not to self medicate. Arowanas are very hardy fishes and their demise are usually down to us overreacting and thus erroneously diagnosing and treating the fish.

As of now, what you should do is to maintain the various water parameters at a constant, and try not fiddle around too much.

If you're not sure how to handle it, then I'd suggest getting it to a vet hospital.

Cheers,

Kenny

thanks for all the reply but i don't know the water parameter cause my house have got no PH pen.

my dad has been changing the water i so i am not sure how much water did he change or wat dosage of medication he gave.

as for now i guess i have to maintain the water quality and see how.
Old 29-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #10
phillife76
Senior Dragon

spasmodic shock? Wat happen in the aro body during spasmodic shock??
phillife76 is offline   Reply With Quote