Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 05-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
bonjour2

Default Sewatec 3 stage RO unit

Juz gotton hold of a 2nd hand unit of the Sewatec 3 stage RO unit.(Okay to dispel any guessing game , I got this unit from SRC side at $50) value for money.
No photo yet , but can find the info at http://www.sewatec.de/Sewatec_Produc...e21f211ba117bd

Will take a photo of it installed in my bathroom a few days later.
Test run today , managed to get 2 litres of RO treated water by wasting 5 litres of water. . The 2 litre is meant for a top up use and kalkwasser mix. so juz nice for me. the wastage would be used for watering plants , and laundry washing.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #2
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Juz gotton hold of a 2nd hand unit of the Sewatec 3 stage RO unit.(Okay to dispel any guessing game , I got this unit from SRC side at $50) value for money.
No photo yet , but can find the info at http://www.sewatec.de/Sewatec_Produc...e21f211ba117bd

Will take a photo of it installed in my bathroom a few days later.
Test run today , managed to get 2 litres of RO treated water by wasting 5 litres of water. . The 2 litre is meant for a top up use and kalkwasser mix. so juz nice for me. the wastage would be used for watering plants , and laundry washing.
wah... waste waste waste.... how long to collect that 2l of water?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:06 AM   #3
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
wah... waste waste waste.... how long to collect that 2l of water?
actually think abt it not really a waste mah , waste imply u realli have to discard the rejection "waste " is just a term given for rejection imo. To get the 2 litre water i remember waiting for up to 30min . According to the previous user , he explained that the higher the PSI of the inlet , the more water passes through the membrane so more RO water collection.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
ancelot

5L of water just for 2L of RO water? whats the rationale? imo, might be a waste of water yeah? I have always thought that 5L of water will get 5L of RO water? now read this i abit blur le...
Old 05-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancelot
5L of water just for 2L of RO water? whats the rationale? imo, might be a waste of water yeah? I have always thought that 5L of water will get 5L of RO water? now read this i abit blur le...
That's the reason why RO is not very popular... wastage of water.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #6
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancelot
haha ancelot and ekia , let me stun u further , today tried processing to get 10 litre of RO water and the process wasted 45Litres of water
!!!! dumped the 45 litre into my washing machine for laundry use.
Ancelot , you wont get 5Litre of RO for 5 litre of water , This is because in the process of purification , water that does not get forced pass the membrane will be discharged as rejection or wastage. implication is that the higher pressure of yr inlet , the less wastage of water.
For me the wastage is still okay cos i only need max 10 l of ro for saltmix per month. 45 litre wastage will be divided among the no of laundry washing to be done , usually 2 X a week and the wastage thus becomes insignificant.
Let this serve as a guide to those considering RO unit for bigger tanks like 3 feet and above.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #7
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
haha ancelot and ekia , let me stun u further , today tried processing to get 10 litre of RO water and the process wasted 45Litres of water
!!!! dumped the 45 litre into my washing machine for laundry use.
Ancelot , you wont get 5Litre of RO for 5 litre of water , This is because in the process of purification , water that does not get forced pass the membrane will be discharged as rejection or wastage. implication is that the higher pressure of yr inlet , the less wastage of water.
For me the wastage is still okay cos i only need max 10 l of ro for saltmix per month. 45 litre wastage will be divided among the no of laundry washing to be done , usually 2 X a week and the wastage thus becomes insignificant.
Let this serve as a guide to those considering RO unit for bigger tanks like 3 feet and above.
Imagine a 6ft tank using RO, imagine the amount of waste water. By changing water once a month, my 4footer already using at least 100l a month. That will be 450l of waste water....