Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
larrybird
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Should be able to get from there. Got mine from there some months back.
coincidentally, i was looking for sponge filter too for my shrimps for additional filtration and backup, incase my eheim 2213 fails. c328 has this, its located at the entrance of the shop on the left, hanging on the top.

i just the following from the shop beside C328 instead, as it is going for the same price and has two sponges instead

P.S. Mods, i'm not sure if im suppose to link photos from outside. do let me know if i can't and i'll remove them immediately. thanks!
larrybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
Koji™
Account Disabled

I love these sponges.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #13
chippy_daryl
Arofanatic

Ok thanks for the info bro.. I started to see some hair algae on mu plants, tot of adding some Yamato in, but I heard Yamato will eat my plants away too.. Is that true?
chippy_daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
larrybird
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy_daryl View Post
Ok thanks for the info bro.. I started to see some hair algae on mu plants, tot of adding some Yamato in, but I heard Yamato will eat my plants away too.. Is that true?
use a toothbrush to gently scrape and twirl those hair algae off would be best imo. yamatos are huge, so they tend to dominate RCS/CRS when it comes to feeding time. and do something about your light wattage or duration to solve the algae issue
larrybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
FanAromatic
Dragon

As per my understanding other then Sakura/FR and cherry shrimps, the rest you need chiller, even Sakura or cherry, though don't required chillier, but the temperature must be cool, once it hit some temperature (such as 32 deg), they will also can't survive well.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
chippy_daryl
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybird View Post
use a toothbrush to gently scrape and twirl those hair algae off would be best imo. yamatos are huge, so they tend to dominate RCS/CRS when it comes to feeding time. and do something about your light wattage or duration to solve the algae issue
But some of them are so stuck to the plant and when I try to twirl it, the plant came out alittle.. How about melaya shrimp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAromatic View Post
As per my understanding other then Sakura/FR and cherry shrimps, the rest you need chiller, even Sakura or cherry, though don't required chillier, but the temperature must be cool, once it hit some temperature (such as 32 deg), they will also can't survive well.
Agree with u bro, that's why I tried to keep my temp below 30deg.. But if I add in blue or yellow shrimp, can they survive well?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #17
Koji™
Account Disabled

Still best stay around 27'c for them.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #18
FanAromatic
Dragon

Understand both required chiller, never try without it. As mentioned by Bro Koji, stay below 27 deg is safer.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #19
chippy_daryl
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Still best stay around 27'c for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAromatic View Post
Understand both required chiller, never try without it. As mentioned by Bro Koji, stay below 27 deg is safer.
All right then, will stick to my Sakura.. By the way, just ought a sponge filter that stick to the wall as bros here recommended, will install it later when I reach home.. Thanks alot guys..