Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 24-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #31
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheong View Post
Without any resistance, there will be humming from the pump. Need to connect to airstone, then immerse airstone in water. Should not have humming le.
Oh? Ok, thanks!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #32
bennkhoo
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by .S1 View Post
I am using a HB20 with 8 way splitter. However I am only using 2 outlets. The HB20 body which feels very warm is not a problem. So far so good.

However you could use a L-joint and connect to the last outlet nearest to the HB20 body, turn it on and blow at the pump body. This will help to release the pump pressure and cool your pump further.

Cheers,
.S1
Hi S1, if you are using the last outlet with a L- joint to blow at your pump will there be pissing sound? Or how do you stop the noise? Tks in advance for all advise.
bennkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #33
bennkhoo
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Yah. BN set from petmart. It's a low humming sound like that of a motor running. I was under the impression it would be more silent then this.
Hi Jon-san, can I know is the low humming sound like what you mention is that normal?
bennkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #34
.S1
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennkhoo View Post
Hi S1, if you are using the last outlet with a L- joint to blow at your pump will there be pissing sound? Or how do you stop the noise? Tks in advance for all advise.
Yes, there will be a pissing sound. Rather loud. I did not try to stop the noise as the pump is in my cabinet. I can hardly hear when I close the cabinet doors .
.S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #35
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

using a HB20.. very impressed with the noise level... almost cannot hear as compared to a Dong Yang I used previously which really make me go mad!

now think of getting a HB baby for my 2.5 feet tank to drive undergravel filter and a powerhead. but the price is making me to hold back....
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #36
zonkkie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennkhoo View Post
i put a sponge around it.
zonkkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #37
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
using a HB20.. very impressed with the noise level... almost cannot hear as compared to a Dong Yang I used previously which really make me go mad!

now think of getting a HB baby for my 2.5 feet tank to drive undergravel filter and a powerhead. but the price is making me to hold back....
Baby hi blow even quieter.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #38
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Baby hi blow even quieter.
wah you make my hands itchy again!!
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #39
Jianyuan
Arofanatic

Hiblow baby is really quiet. Running on my 3ft tank for 1 airstone,2 sponge filter and 2 breeding box and its still doing quite well.
Jianyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #40
wilzlee

Im running a hi blow baby on my small 4footer with a single big disc airstone... its silent.... very very silent yet so powerful. This brand HB is definitely a good buy imho... Am using a stop valve as well to prevent any backflow.