Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 21-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #61
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
bro my advice is not to mix them.
1)diff waer parameters
2)diff growth rate,ur tigs will definitely outgrow e fronts
3)totally diff temperament tt wun match
4)all e above causing stress to e fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
I saw Seaview comm a 6 inch Red Frontos with Tigers and a few other big fishes. Looks very peaceful. Somemore its a bare tank.
Wow , now its getting a bit confusing for me ....... need to know what's the diff in water parameters between the 2 kinds of fish . Any kind bro can help ?
CrazyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #62
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
Wow , now its getting a bit confusing for me ....... need to know what's the diff in water parameters between the 2 kinds of fish . Any kind bro can help ?
tigers:more neutral.. arnd 7 kind of pH
fronts:more alkaline,say abt 8-9+ kind of pH n needs hard water.
thr r many shops n bros who comm both tigers n fronts together.it is possible,but u r stressing e front cos e pH is low.it's like i can put u in somewhere where u r uncomfortable,u wun die,but u will b stressed due to e discomfort.
hope this helps (=
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #63
BuTLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
you will have a hard time maintaining the PH ... and PH crash can kill real fast .. one have to give way.. so advisable not to comm....
Old 21-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #64
S750WP

The Tiger and Frontosa comm is also happening at C328, look out for the tank where the auntie pack the feeder fish. The auntie puts lotsa Ketapang leave in the tank and the water is brownish.
Old 21-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #65
S750WP

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345562

This bro also comm his frontosa with Tiger. I believe the Front are ok with PH7-9, but then the colour of the front will not be at its best if its at a lower PH. Notice the color of both fronts at C328 and Seaview looks quite dull.
Old 21-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #66
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
The Tiger and Frontosa comm is also happening at C328, look out for the tank where the auntie pack the feeder fish. The auntie puts lotsa Ketapang leave in the tank and the water is brownish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
tigers:more neutral.. arnd 7 kind of pH
fronts:more alkaline,say abt 8-9+ kind of pH n needs hard water.
thr r many shops n bros who comm both tigers n fronts together.it is possible,but u r stressing e front cos e pH is low.it's like i can put u in somewhere where u r uncomfortable,u wun die,but u will b stressed due to e discomfort.
hope this helps (=
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
you will have a hard time maintaining the PH ... and PH crash can kill real fast .. one have to give way.. so advisable not to comm....
Quote:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345562

This bro also comm his frontosa with Tiger. I believe the Front are ok with PH7-9, but then the colour of the front will not be at its best if its at a lower PH. Notice the color of both fronts at C328 and Seaview looks quite dull.

Many thanks for all the kind advices bros , will take special note of all the important pointers .
Old 21-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #67
Epiphone

Just my 2cents worth after having some experience keeping Fronts and ST...

1. ST are more adaptable to blackish water and neutral ph, while Fronts are basically hard water fish...black water is normally used to calm the fish, so as to destress them, but in their natural habitat, they thrives in high ph water..

2. ST are basically bottom to mid water feeders and are very picky at times....while Fronts, you can train them to take a variety of food like, live feeders, MP and pallets (sinking pallets and not floating pallets)...so you have to be prepared to serve "international buffet servings" to your tank
Old 21-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #68
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
Just my 2cents worth after having some experience keeping Fronts and ST...

1. ST are more adaptable to blackish water and neutral ph, while Fronts are basically hard water fish...black water is normally used to calm the fish, so as to destress them, but in their natural habitat, they thrives in high ph water..

2. ST are basically bottom to mid water feeders and are very picky at times....while Fronts, you can train them to take a variety of food like, live feeders, MP and pallets (sinking pallets and not floating pallets)...so you have to be prepared to serve "international buffet servings" to your tank
Diet wise shd not be an issue for me cos all my tigers taking MP . My only concern now is water parameters .
Old 21-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #69
Epiphone

Have not kept Fronts in low ph parameters, but in higher ph, you will see the full beauty of the Fronts.
Old 21-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #70
S750WP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQU_LBh_l0

Simple and nice set up, can't wait for my burundi to reach that size.