Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 21-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #71
Venustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Very nice rock work I love it, but you'll have headache if you ever decide to remove certain fish or carcass or when your altos decides to spawn in the caves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
yes i totally agree!hahahahaha cos im a crazy lover of rockworks n i experince this prob.haha!one point to note.. make sure thr r no deapspots!
(=
Bros, gd point to note for any hobbyist planning to hv a rocky setup. In my view, stacking rocks like stacking durians is not advisable. I hv had bad experiences 2 but now i factored in this problem whenever i plan any setup. Things like choosing the rocks v carefully for the type of formation; placing the rocks a few inches from the glass walls so as not to create small dark gaps to ensuring caves formed as part of the setup that can be easily reached by net. Unless one can find nice rocks with a flat side that can be placed firmly at right angle to the glass walls. So to mimic their habitat n to watch them mingle peacefully with other species r really pleasing to the eye. I hv reduced my fish tanks from 7 to 3...maintenance quite laborious leh. So fish breeding may hv to wait. However, shld it spawn naturally, then its my responsibility to try housing them to my spare 2ft tank.
Old 21-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #72
S750WP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venustus View Post
Bros, gd point to note for any hobbyist planning to hv a rocky setup. In my view, stacking rocks like stacking durians is not advisable. I hv had bad experiences 2 but now i factored in this problem whenever i plan any setup. Things like choosing the rocks v carefully for the type of formation; placing the rocks a few inches from the glass walls so as not to create small dark gaps to ensuring caves formed as part of the setup that can be easily reached by net. Unless one can find nice rocks with a flat side that can be placed firmly at right angle to the glass walls. So to mimic their habitat n to watch them mingle peacefully with other species r really pleasing to the eye. I hv reduced my fish tanks from 7 to 3...maintenance quite laborious leh. So fish breeding may hv to wait. However, shld it spawn naturally, then its my responsibility to try housing them to my spare 2ft tank.
I increase my tank from 2 to 5.

5FT x 1 (Frontosa + Malawi)
2FT x 1 (Gold Fish)
1FT cube x 3, (planted)
Old 21-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #73
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQU_LBh_l0

Simple and nice set up, can't wait for my burundi to reach that size.
Was tempted to get these fronts , any opinion bro ? I fing them nice and all got kokzz on the heads . Is it a good buy ?
CrazyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #74
plecperu

good design
Old 22-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #75
S750WP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
Was tempted to get these fronts , any opinion bro ? I fing them nice and all got kokzz on the heads . Is it a good buy ?
No comments bro, you have got to see it for yourself to see if its worth. Because beauty is very subjective.
Old 22-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #76
S750WP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7yM...eature=related

Wish I can do that to hand feed my burundi
Old 22-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #77
S750WP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCheH...eature=related

Nice collection of Fronts, really crowded.
Old 22-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #78
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQU_LBh_l0

Simple and nice set up, can't wait for my burundi to reach that size.
hhaa with e right water parameters n tender loving care.it will very sooon reach tt size! (=
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #79
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
No comments bro, you have got to see it for yourself to see if its worth. Because beauty is very subjective.
Thanks bro , noted your advice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
hhaa with e right water parameters n tender loving care.it will very sooon reach tt size! (=
Hi bro , what's the best water parameter for fronts in your opinion ?
CrazyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 01:19 AM   #80
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
Thanks bro , noted your advice .

Hi bro , what's the best water parameter for fronts in your opinion ?
for burundis abt 8+ n for zaires abt 9+.. water hardness abt 15.. n temp jus norm room temperature will do (:
additional things u can do is to add chiller to lower the temp to abt 25 n get a bigger deeper tank (= hehe
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote