Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #211
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post
end of the day, our players lacked invention, that's it

With City, the invention came from Silva and DB. Even Ortamendi also ti ti attack. Why do we allow their central defender to join the attack???????
TBH, this is the 3rd goal scored with his Otamendi. Great job by Pep. Vast improvement by Otamendi and the other old timers too this season.

We just need to continue working on our players, help them to overcome or reduce their weaknesses..

Last edited by loveikan; 11-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #212
lenghan
Arofanatic

Default HENRIKH MKHITARYAN “wants showdown talks”

It's a pity that HM had been left frozen out of JM's "like" list.
Latest report....HENRIKH MKHITARYAN “wants showdown talks” with Jose Mourinho over his Manchester United future after being dropped again, according to reports.

The Armenian midfielder has been out of the Red Devils’ starting line-up recently and has not started a game since the 1-0 loss at Stamford Bridge.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #213
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Imho the premier league is over for us unless MC have a spectacular fall, we should make some good buys in the transfer window consolidate our strength and give the CL a real go. We have a kind draw with Sevilla and shld make it into the last 16 and with a shrewd manager who’s good in 1 off games I’m sure we can challenge the big boys for the continental cup.
Old 13-12-2017, 12:55 AM   #214
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post
end of the day, our players lacked invention, that's it

With City, the invention came from Silva and DB. Even Ortamendi also ti ti attack. Why do we allow their central defender to join the attack???????
because everyone else was doing their job to closing down opponents, marking them and making sure they dont get space, thats why otamendi came up. if anyone left to go to otamendi, it leaves a gap for the man city player who is marked to be free, which we cannot allow to happen.

very very simple football logic
Old 13-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #215
loveikan
Arofanatic

Match is on tmr morning.

While we face Bournemouth, let see whether Swansea can overcome MC at home as the team needs the points to get out of the bottom.
Old 14-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #216
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Nice to see Shaw back in the starting line up...hope he grab this chance with his 2 hands n leg. McTominay to start as well...

Old 14-12-2017, 04:42 AM   #217
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Sweet! Good job they managed to tie down Angel G to the club..

GOMES SIGNS PROFESSIONAL CONTRACT

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Angel Gomes has signed his first professional contract with the club.

Source: ManUtd News
Old 14-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #218
loveikan
Arofanatic

Lucky 1-0 win all thanks to DDG and the away team, Bournemouth played more like a home team.

The best takeaway from the match was Shaw's improvement in every game that featured him.
Old 14-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #219
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CullTail View Post
because everyone else was doing their job to closing down opponents, marking them and making sure they dont get space, thats why otamendi came up. if anyone left to go to otamendi, it leaves a gap for the man city player who is marked to be free, which we cannot allow to happen.

very very simple football logic
Can see the MC midfielders pulling away their markers leaving a big gaping hole right thru the middle for their centre backs to drive the ball up unchallenged. Had seen them did this before when John Stones bring the ball up, guess this must be a well rehearsed ploy by their manager.

Anyway we bounce back with a hard fought 3 points last night while many of our rivals dropped further behind although our neighbour is still going full steam ahead
Old 14-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #220
loveikan
Arofanatic

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ource=facebook

13/12/2017 23:20, Report by Adam Higgins
MOURINHO EXPLAINS MKHITARYAN ABSENCE
Jose Mourinho has explained why he has decided to leave Henrikh Mkhitaryan out of his Manchester United squad for recent matches.

The Armenian has not been involved in the matchday squad in seven of the last eight games and last featured as a substitute in United's 1-0 win over Brighton on 25 November.

Mourinho was asked about Mkhitaryan's absence in his post-match press conference following the Reds' 1-0 victory over Bournemouth at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

The boss outlined that his plethora of options in midfield and attacking positions means that there is competition for every place in the starting line-up and on the bench.

He said: “I can only have six [outfield] players on the bench and I try to have some balance on the bench – I had two defenders and [Daley] Blind who can play in different areas. I had Ashley Young to cover me all of the wing and the wing-back position.

“I had [Ander] Herrera as a midfield player, Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] as a striker and Marcus [Rashford] as a second striker and winger. I played [Anthony] Martial, [Juan] Mata and [Jesse] Lingard in the team. To have Micki means that I don’t have one of them and, in this moment, I believe the other ones they deserve [the chance to play].”

Mkhitaryan will be working hard in a bid to return when the Reds return to action on Sunday in the Premier League against West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns (kick-off 14:15 GMT).
Closed Thread