Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 27-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
zadrian
Dragon

Default Need help...Snail problem

I have read that a lot of people have issues with snails. Most of your were smails breeding, but my Bumble Bee Snails are Dying almost immediately.

I keep buying smails for my tank !
I do add liquid fert as my tank does not have base ferts. will this kill my snails...fishes are ok...but armor shrimps dying also...
zadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
Platinum

Have not much idea on this as if you ask me hopw to annihiliate snail problems, it's the trusty clown loach or chain loach which helped me previously.

Helping to bump it up to page 1 so that people who has the appropriate knowledge can help you better.
Old 31-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

I just reduce feeding and the snails' population will decrease gradually. As long as there is no leftover food, I think the snails will be starved to death. I tried feeding live food, like tubifex worms, instead of flakes and pellets temporary and the pest snails in my tank disappeared too.
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_ZhaN View Post
I just reduce feeding and the snails' population will decrease gradually. As long as there is no leftover food, I think the snails will be starved to death. I tried feeding live food, like tubifex worms, instead of flakes and pellets temporary and the pest snails in my tank disappeared too.
Thread starter is looking for help to keep his bumble bee snails alive.
Old 31-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Thread starter is looking for help to keep his bumble bee snails alive.
Haha...I see you help kill snails so I also tot of kill snails lor.

If help...maybe opposite of what I posted ? Keep feed and feed. bumble bee nerites are greedy pigs...eat almost non-stop when I used to keep them to settle my algae problem. Once my algae are taken care of, I forgot to feed surplus food and they resort to digging gravel to hunt for food....but end up die of starvation lah...cos I thought somehow sure got hidden algae somewhere in a tank ma, but i was wrong. They only like to eat soft algae like green spot (GSA), or maybe diatoms. Algae like BBA, staghorn and hair algae they won't touch at all. ANd the speed they clear the GSA = Godspeed.

Experiment: I used to have a smallest betta tank 5 sides(4 walls and one floor)completely full of GSA and BGA(blue gree algae) because the tank is positioned by the window exposed to sunlight for weeks liao. Inside is a driftwood attached with a bunch of windolev ferns(I wanna propagate the windolev alone on the dw). I throw in a pair of bumble bee netrites snails and within 1 week, the tank floor and walls become F**King clear. So I assumed and concluded they need to eat and eat bah.
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote