Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 23-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #21
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyliv View Post
Anyway the frontosa do like Beef heart, but they are not a picky eaters, so can encourage differnt variety in food
True but must be careful of steering away from flakes or floating pellets. Also no feeders or tubifex!

If using beef heart, beef, mps be sure that they are all eaten or can leave to fouling of water and losing your collection!!!
Old 23-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #22
bennyliv
Dragon

Yah bro, affirmative!
bennyliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #23
situs-sk2
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Bro how did your ghost shrimp go? You shoud experiment with beef? They love it nut feed them a little at a time and watch for uneaten pieces so it does not foul your water. Ny the way post latest pics or vid of your collections
New setup of my mimpbewe colony video is on the way..hehehe Blue LED and day light will be adding to the tank, stay tune bro.

Quote:
Anyway the frontosa do like Beef heart, but they are not a picky eaters, so can encourage differnt variety in food
I did try out many source of food and truely agreed that fronts are not picky eaters, they will take MP, pellets, BS, FBW, Mw and SW
situs-sk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
situs-sk2
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
True but must be careful of steering away from flakes or floating pellets. Also no feeders or tubifex!

If using beef heart, beef, mps be sure that they are all eaten or can leave to fouling of water and losing your collection!!!
Quote:
Yah bro, affirmative!
No feeding of beef due to my religious restriction. Pellets will still be priortize for main course, mp will only feed upon the remaining balance for my Arowana
Old 23-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #25
situs-sk2
Dragon

Update on my new setup of mimpbewe colony

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Happy viewing
Old 23-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #26
Young Man
Senior Dragon

nice and neat but is that a corner triangular tank??? most prob it will be out grown by the fronts soon..
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
situs-sk2
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
nice and neat but is that a corner triangular tank??? most prob it will be out grown by the fronts soon..
Yes a fengshui pentagon tank 4' x 4'(w) x 2'(H) , suppose to sell off through auction but very last min, the winner unable to collect due to his CO story but steady enough to pay me the bidding price.

If the fronts going to outgrow, I will convert my 5 footer tank to accomodate them.
Old 23-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #28
bennyliv
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by situs-sk2 View Post
Yes a fengshui pentagon tank 4' x 4'(w) x 2'(H) , suppose to sell off through auction but very last min, the winner unable to collect due to his CO story but steady enough to pay me the bidding price.

If the fronts going to outgrow, I will convert my 5 footer tank to accomodate them.
Not bad la, that bro still steady!

Anyway, nice M blue and simple design.

Are you using the Blue actinic light?
bennyliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #29
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:

whoa 4' pentagon??? that's quite big man! should last for awhile then (:

yea the bro steady enough still paid the bidding price
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #30
Betta Mania

Quote:

Bro, suggestion for your set up. One way to get deeper coloration is to use a darker background or base. The mblues look kindda "puchat" or washed out due to the light background. I had that problem before and when I changed to black background and sand thier color deepened and your fishes show better. Since your is a mixed collection of burundis and mblues then you change either the background or darker base.You will see the difference.

Also use ont ube artic blue and the othe other white. Lights should have individual switch so you can play about with the colors (MTCW)
Btw you tries using ghost shrimps?

Last edited by Betta Mania; 23-02-2011 at 08:03 PM.