Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #51
WEE78
Arofanatic

nice comm thxs for sharing
WEE78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #52
Betta Mania

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailee66 View Post
hmm.. i was actually thinking to get a white lite too, but decided not to and stick with bluish feel..afraid the whtie may washout the blue colorjust my thoughts
Bro, as Situs puts it, he like myself uses BOTH white and blue - it does not wash out the colors but you get to se your fronts and enjoy them under htree lighting conditions. WHITE, BLUE and BOTH B and W. This will give you diffferent colors on your fronts. To appreciate them even better then suggestion useLED Here is a quote of an experienced frontosa breeder of many many years of experience and a respected bro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron R. View Post
I live in the US. I bought 2 36" Marineland Double Bright LED lights. I think I paid about $115 USD each. They have 2 settings.....one for natural light and the other for the blue LEDs. I keep mine on the natural light setting and have them on an auto-timer.

The Marineland LEDs sit on top of my glass tops. I use the wire stand they come with that gets them about 1" off the glass tops. You can also choose to not use the wire stand and sit the lights directly on top of your glass top.

I have also seen some people reverse the wire stand and zip tie the lights to their wooden canopies.

I also have 2 sets of moonlights from digikits. They are excellent blue lights. I have these 2 sets on an auto-timer as well. I have the moonlights turn on early in the morning around 6am and run until 6:45am. Then my Marineland LED lights turn on until about 8am. During the day I have my Marineland LEDs turn on at noon for an hour. They come back on at 7pm and run until 10pm. My moonlights turn back on from 10pm until 12:30am.

Here is a pic of my 180g 6 foot wc moba tank with the Marineland LEDs. Many people say the light is yellow. I see more white than yellow light. The lights do give the tank a nice shimmer look that looks very natural.

The lights are available locally at Kaki Bukot and very affordable

Inwares Pte Ltd
99 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 #02-02 Shun Li Industrial Park Singapore 415984
Tel: (65) 6748 2644 Fax: (65) 6582 5850 Email: sales@inwares.com www.inleds.com

http://www.inleds.com/inleds_aquarium.htm

Last edited by Betta Mania; 08-03-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #53
bettachamp
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailee66 View Post
hmm.. i was actually thinking to get a white lite too, but decided not to and stick with bluish feel..afraid the whtie may washout the blue colorjust my thoughts

apart from Bro YM, BM & Situs...
Just to boost your confidence, i do have the same thoughts like u initially, however,after trying out myself with only BLUE.. the overall looks rather fake, thus i added white..and now is so much natural and soothing..

GO for it...try it out.. ENJOY!
bettachamp is offline   Reply With Quote