Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 07-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
Heuer
Dragon

I ever told Pritam during his walk about. WP only has one chance to prove to those that support them. if they screw up, next GE will be tough for them.

WP really need to manage this nicely.
Heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Im actually quite saddened by the way in which things were managed. They really could have done better.

One very important thing is not to shy away from the camera. The moment you do that, it gives the impression that you have something to hide. Was watching the news yesterday and the rep from the town council chose to avoid the camera and went straight into the lift. He should have commented, at least to give the residents an answer and to put a closure to the issue.
Occellatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #23
hkh
Arofanatic

Not sure who the TC's employee was but guess we have to be fair and look for the MP in charge for answer....... Just like all PAP TC's affair you will hear from Teo Ho Pin.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #24
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous View Post
If they are not deemed as credible and posing a serious threat to the regime... u think the pappies would even try to pick a bone in egg... this is obvious case of repeating a lie a 100 times it becomes a half turth then repeat a thousand it might just turn to truth...

I was at the 511 market and was chatting with some of the stall holders, from drink stall to bao stall , noodle stall plus chai tau kway stall... they said they had no issue with the WP management only a few of the pro pappist one try to 煽风点火。。。 吹毛求疵。。。。
Well.. WP have to expect there are these ard, and work harder to win them over, no?

The whole saga could have been better managed.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #25
yeobt
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occellatus View Post
Im actually quite saddened by the way in which things were managed. They really could have done better.

One very important thing is not to shy away from the camera. The moment you do that, it gives the impression that you have something to hide. Was watching the news yesterday and the rep from the town council chose to avoid the camera and went straight into the lift. He should have commented, at least to give the residents an answer and to put a closure to the issue.
I think I know the reason. Basically, the manager was told not to say anything to the media without an official announcement. As we know, the facts would alway be twisted. So the best thing to do is stay clear, the more they try to defend, the more bullet holes WP would find on their butt.
yeobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #26
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Well.. WP have to expect there are these ard, and work harder to win them over, no?

The whole saga could have been better managed.
The media had a field day, and the mastermind of the whole saga could not have plan for it better.... certainly excel exceedingly well in the propaganda PAP SMEAR...campaign... a retailiation of AIM public exposure??

The p[oint is not to destroyed the WP in this instance but to cast doubts in their supports and sway the swing voters....

Mission accomplished i would say... just like how the media portrayal of Dr Chee... This is routine stuff.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #27
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
I think I know the reason. Basically, the manager was told not to say anything to the media without an official announcement. As we know, the facts would alway be twisted. So the best thing to do is stay clear, the more they try to defend, the more bullet holes WP would find on their butt.
I agree, 官官相卫, 官商勾结。。颠倒黑白,死都拗翻身。。。

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Humongous; 08-06-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
hkh
Arofanatic

MIWs thought their hands can cover the whole SKY.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
satan_gal
Dragon

Transparency was a word used very frequently during the elections n by-elections

I still think wp cld have been more transparent themselves

N yes, I read the releases on wp site, but they din impress me much

I'm sure they cld have checked with some hawkers on nea reply before the whole issue blew up in their face
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
Have they not learnt frm past incidents that keeping mum is not the way to handle the press?
Are they depending on people's perception on them being underdogs to build their cause?