Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 16-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #11
gregorsamsa

Hey,

i like the first tank. but i think you need to give it life by adding some fish there. I would say that the centre piece is quite small in relation to your tank, which is a 2x1x1.5 right?

Yeah, i know there's a worry that the fish will eat the shrimp but maybe you can try those micro fishes

And yeah, if there's changes to the tank, i would suggest that you get some granite rocks to line up the area where the wood meets the foreground. Also, you may consider placing Cyperus hlferi or crypt balansae at the back ground to give the scape height unless it is your intention to keep this scape low.

Btw, any updates on your other tank which has a step by step explaination (in your gallery)?
Old 16-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #12
af2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorsamsa
Hey,

i like the first tank. but i think you need to give it life by adding some fish there. I would say that the centre piece is quite small in relation to your tank, which is a 2x1x1.5 right?

Yeah, i know there's a worry that the fish will eat the shrimp but maybe you can try those micro fishes

And yeah, if there's changes to the tank, i would suggest that you get some granite rocks to line up the area where the wood meets the foreground. Also, you may consider placing Cyperus hlferi or crypt balansae at the back ground to give the scape height unless it is your intention to keep this scape low.

Btw, any updates on your other tank which has a step by step explaination (in your gallery)?
thks...

the first tank is a 18" by 12" by 16" tank which i customise. there are fishes inside the tank....but somehow there are hiding around the tanks. at lat count there should be abt 6 fishy....3 mini rasboras, 3 boraras....

tried added helferi to the back when i first setup the tank but i didn't like the effect. maybe i'll give balansae a try....

lastly, tat step by step tank is actually the first tank in this update u mean my foto skills so bad arh?? or the tank is really so unrecognisable?!?!
Old 16-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #13
gregorsamsa

Oh man. Thats my bad.

Yes, it is totally unrecognisable because the old one used to have moss foreground and even a background.

Oh well, maybe its time for you to do a total rescape

cheers
Old 27-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #14
af2373

Talking

did some minor revamp....this is how my laidback jungle looks like now......

previously it looked like this.....

Old 27-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Nice setup bro. Swee Swee!
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #16
FishesLover

Default yup

nice tank and nice brudder here...very nice setup cheers for "LAO JIAO" in Planted!!!
Old 27-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #17
af2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroboyII
Nice setup bro. Swee Swee!
thks bro.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishesLover
nice tank and nice brudder here...very nice setup cheers for "LAO JIAO" in Planted!!!
lao jiao?? me not tat lao lah...... i'm only a few yrs older than freak85 onli....
Old 27-11-2005, 11:06 PM   #18
the_r0ck

I personally love this scape. Really my cup of tea. I have always wanted to use moss as a natural foreground carpet. Very nicely done.

Oh, if you want, trim the nanas so that you won't have the new leaves and the shoots angling out. You can use the trimmed nanas to plugged a few holes here and there to help balance the scape even more.

Very nice. I honestly really like it.
Old 27-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #19
|squee|

Good job there, not perfect but nice enough. It's refreshing, I haven't seen something like that in a long while. The right driftwood looks a bit awkward; it doesn't "continue" with the left driftwood. Very nice depth imho.

The only thing I don't like about this scape is the Nana's roots, and the background should be more heavily planted to complete the "path to nowhere" look. I can see the glass at the back, if I look carefully
Old 28-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #20
Laconic

Very nice bro.
The top right a bit bare that's all.

Another thing I noticed is that your rainbar is now above the water surface. The surface agitation due to the inflow of water will 'knock' the CO2 out of the water. Basically this will negate any addition of CO2 u are doing. My suggestion is to put the rainbar below water surface.