Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 15-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #11
Casey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livaio View Post
Will only do calibration every 1 month. For my hanna ph pen, my reading is off 0.1 every month. so i just tune it back..
Hi, Thank for the info. I thought everytime when I want to use it, I do calibration. No wonder my PH 7 solution very fast dry out and keep on buying.
Old 15-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #12
the_r0ck

It depends on the pH pen itself. Some pens with their probes getting worn old might need consistent calibrating while newer ones tend to be more more reliable in their readings.

Just pour a very small amount of the calibration water into the pen cap before you store it. It will help to keep the accuracy somewhat.

-Calvin
Old 15-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Casey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
It depends on the pH pen itself. Some pens with their probes getting worn old might need consistent calibrating while newer ones tend to be more more reliable in their readings.

Just pour a very small amount of the calibration water into the pen cap before you store it. It will help to keep the accuracy somewhat.

-Calvin
Yes. I did it after using the ph pen. Will try again tonight after changing 20% of my water. Thank for all precious info.
Old 15-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #14
johnny_fantics

thanks bros, looking into getting the pen.