Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #21
amkbettafan
Dragon

Thanks for sharing the Joanna Ash blog post.

For someone being able to forgive and move on shows the strenght of her character.

Very hard to do but ultimately to find inner peace, one have to try.

I am pretty sure many other Singaporeans who are the children of the ISA detainees still harbour ill feeling against the establiahment.

I hope time will heal their wound. And I am sure many others will come out to the open to spill more stories of their pain and hardship during those challenging period.

Lets not be critical when reading such postings but be more objective and open minded, since I do expect some will come out hard and furious.
Old 30-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #22
stargazer
Dragon

Thanks for the post
Old 30-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #23
Kohaku
Dragon

Good read. Thanks for the post.

At difficult times, one has to make tough decision.

Was told by a uncle on Sunday that he was part of a group of ppl who round up an umno group in tampines in the 70's and Lky personelly come to oversee the operation back then.

Does anyone has more info on this operation?
Old 30-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #24
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

I wouldn't put too much weight to a tarot reader.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Old 30-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #25
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

honest, I am still waiting for some articles or publications on lky's contributions and efforts in charitable works for the common people on the streets.
Old 31-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #26
jwhtan
Barney

Ok ..... cannot have different opinion on Joanna Ash on Joanna Ong's article har ...... if u hv different opinion, that means u r not objective and not open minded ...... this article all must agree and praise ........ cannot differ ..... this is how a forum works ....... or is it ?

IIRC, Ong Bock Chuan was freed after a few months. He caved in, plead guilty to being pro-communist, renounce all political activities henceforth ....... is this the same as those who were detained for decades and hv a conviction on what they were doing and were never a communist.

What ?? Ok ..... me not objective, not open minded ..... that's how this debate thing works here, or issit ?

Guess which magnanimous and selfless man said this ........

" I will make him crawl on his bended knees, and beg for mercy."
Old 31-03-2015, 01:35 AM   #27
satan_gal
Dragon

The purpose of sharing is not to glorify the old man.

Fact - she n her family were affected.
Fact - her family has forgiven the old man.

I've been searching high n low to find anything the rest of the families wld have written.
Throws a diff view, yeah?

P.s. I'm not a die hard supporter of the old man. Never was, never will b.
He's only human, not perfect.
He's made mistakes which he had admitted to in his books

Btw…I dun buy the shit media is feeding us in regards to old man not knowing Lim was a communist.
Tat he never knew, whole lot of bull.
Old 31-03-2015, 03:21 AM   #28
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Btw…I dun buy the shit media is feeding us in regards to old man not knowing Lim was a communist.
Tat he never knew, whole lot of bull.
Others include his son LSL would have become PM earlier and younger if he is not LKY son...

Ho Chin is the best person and candidate to run Temasek ..

Sporean like to follow majority and mass media. If someone praise LKY it's correct and right. If some curse him then will be hunted and run down.

Why the double standard ? Apparently many don't understand what is civil liberty.
Old 31-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #29
Aris
Arofanatic

Since LKY's death, Singaporeans have been bombarded literally 7/24 with LKY propaganda. The Singapore media is going to town as a PAP stooge drumming up fervour extolling the achievements of LKY most of which were embellished to appear that he single-handedly built Singapore from a fishing village to a modern city. What dastardly deeds he committed in the past were swept under the carpet and conveniently locked away from public consumption.

While we mourn the death of LKY as an outstanding contributor to Singapore's achievements, let's not forget those who had done great service to the nation and who never did received the accolades meted and attributed to LKY. Furthermore, let us also not forget those who suffered greatly under his iron-fist rule for no other reason than simply having alternative views or having opposing views. There were a few thousand Singaporeans that suffered from the harsh treatment and many had their lives and careers destroyed while others seek asylum from persecution.

If LHL wants to, he could be magnanimous and offer those still alive, not an apology, but that Singapore is open for them to return if they wished now that LKY is no more. We face bigger threats from many fronts but not from these our Singapore kith and kin. I don't doubt even in opposing LKY, these people were not loyal to Singapore nor were they out to destroy us. They might be wrong, but since when being wrong or having wrong ideas worse than committing murder that they be put behind bars for decades?
Old 31-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #30
stargazer
Dragon

I am sure there will always be different opinions regarding how he ran SG and made certain policies and hard decisions. But I guess most of us will agree that he loved his wife very very much, to the end. Guess this is something we can all learn from him.
Closed Thread