Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #51
Kensk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujin27 View Post
Dear all,

Firstly, Thanks Natureman for your reply.
I noticed shrimplets in my tank when i woke up in the morning....but when i on my air pump....i noticed the the shrimplet having difficulty swimming.....will this kill it and should i change to a lower power air pump? shld i still buy a filter cause i am afraid it might suck these shrimplets inside....lastly what food shld i feed it? shld i juz feed as normal or muz buy something special for it?
Thanks
For 1.5 feet tank, you can buy those mini-cannister filter like Eden 501.
Just cover the filter inlet with sponge to prevent shrimplets from being suck up.
Old 31-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #52
ujin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensk View Post
For 1.5 feet tank, you can buy those mini-cannister filter like Eden 501.
Just cover the filter inlet with sponge to prevent shrimplets from being suck up.
Thanks guys for the replies

i have since gotten a hang on filter and 1 taiwan moss, 1 flame moss and some plants tied to drift wood

However, my shrimps' condition seems to gotten worse instead of better.....1 jumped to its death while another got weird (swimmin ard fanatically in sudden movements) i suspect it's the flame moss tt i juz gotten yest....soaked the moss overnite n tied them to a rock and put them in tis morn....water turned greenish and tt's when my shrimp started acting tt way

Has since changed 50% of my water w tap water (no time to age them), removed the rock w flame moss and added a bit of aquarium salt. Is aquarium salt harmful to red crystal shrimps? Is 50% change adequate? Anymore thing i shld do?
Pls advice

Anyway removed the actin strangely shrimp n separated it into another tank....it has just died...sobz sobz
hope i can save the remaining shrimps
Old 31-08-2007, 12:23 AM   #53
Kensk

Quote:
Thanks guys for the replies

i have since gotten a hang on filter and 1 taiwan moss, 1 flame moss and some plants tied to drift wood

However, my shrimps' condition seems to gotten worse instead of better.....1 jumped to its death while another got weird (swimmin ard fanatically in sudden movements) i suspect it's the flame moss tt i juz gotten yest....soaked the moss overnite n tied them to a rock and put them in tis morn....water turned greenish and tt's when my shrimp started acting tt way

Has since changed 50% of my water w tap water (no time to age them), removed the rock w flame moss and added a bit of aquarium salt. Is aquarium salt harmful to red crystal shrimps? Is 50% change adequate? Anymore thing i shld do?
Pls advice

Anyway removed the actin strangely shrimp n separated it into another tank....it has just died...sobz sobz
hope i can save the remaining shrimps
Haha you seen to be breaking whatever basic fish keeping rule there is.

1) Always cycle your tank before introducing livestock. If cannot wait , I suggest you go buy those liquid BB to speed up the cycling proccess.

2) Use anti-chlorine/chlormaine to the tap water. No need to age them.

3) Never use salt on freshwater shrimp tank! Both your plants and shrimps will surely perished!
Old 31-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #54
ujin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensk View Post
Haha you seen to be breaking whatever basic fish keeping rule there is.

1) Always cycle your tank before introducing livestock. If cannot wait , I suggest you go buy those liquid BB to speed up the cycling proccess.

2) Use anti-chlorine/chlormaine to the tap water. No need to age them.

3) Never use salt on freshwater shrimp tank! Both your plants and shrimps will surely perished!
Hi there....thanks for your advice....will take note of them.....anyway what do you mean by cycling the tank?
Old 31-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #55
ujin27

Default Pregnant CRS

Hello,

Also is blackwater necessary for CRS? i read somewhere that blackwater is needed to create a better enviroment for breeding of CRS. I have pregnant shrimps...so is blackwater necessary to improve the chances of the eggs hatching?

Pls advice
Old 31-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #56
koonac

Quote:
Hello,

Also is blackwater necessary for CRS? i read somewhere that blackwater is needed to create a better enviroment for breeding of CRS. I have pregnant shrimps...so is blackwater necessary to improve the chances of the eggs hatching?

Pls advice
it's not necessary. it only makes your tank water brown and ugly. if your shrimp is able to pregnant means the water conditions are ok for it. adding additives might cause stress to the shrimp and instead it might be more prone to lose its eggs. i have had pregnant shrimps in my tank and all i did was do the regular weekly 10% water change with aged water. just leave it alone and let nature takes it course..
Old 15-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #57
highlander_den

Default Newbie

Hi to all bros and CRS guru,

I am considering to keep CRS. If that is going to happen, I will most likely setup a 2ft tank to keep them. And I need advice and price quotation. Kindly help me with the following pricing. Appreciate your help in advance.

1. Cannnister filteration
2. Mosses
3. ADAsoils
4. Chiller
5. 2ft tank

Can anyone let me know the prices of the above items?

And, for mosses, do I need to introduce CO2 into the tank for them to grow better?

That's all I have to ask for now, after browsing through most of the post regarding CRS here in AF.
Old 16-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #58
luigi545
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
Hi to all bros and CRS guru,

I am considering to keep CRS. If that is going to happen, I will most likely setup a 2ft tank to keep them. And I need advice and price quotation. Kindly help me with the following pricing. Appreciate your help in advance.

1. Cannnister filteration
2. Mosses
3. ADAsoils
4. Chiller
5. 2ft tank

Can anyone let me know the prices of the above items?

And, for mosses, do I need to introduce CO2 into the tank for them to grow better?

That's all I have to ask for now, after browsing through most of the post regarding CRS here in AF.
C02 for mosses to make them grow better but i do know some of the CRS owners don't like pumping C02 in their tank. it's up to individual.

Price wise do check out at LFS, it's rather out of topic as this is CRS FAQ.
luigi545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #59
highlander_den

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi545 View Post
C02 for mosses to make them grow better but i do know some of the CRS owners don't like pumping C02 in their tank. it's up to individual.

Price wise do check out at LFS, it's rather out of topic as this is CRS FAQ.
oh, ok. Thanks for the info.

And sorry abt the questions if you think those are not CRS related. Sorry.
Old 15-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #60
leean

A novice here.

What should we feed CRS and cherries with, like what brand of flakes and what type of flakes, other than the algae that grows in the tank.