Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 30-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #11
koolman
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarau View Post
i'm not able to answer this question bro..as diff fish diff temperament.. some 100 % ..some only when they hungry.. 14" ray can easily wallop the 6" african aro and also fully covered the 6" ray and kill it. The risk is there, only time will tell if it will happen bro..
Thanks for your advice, bro. I am now considering if I would sell away the two exsisting small rays and just keep the big rays together with the arowana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKT View Post
Yes, your bioload is high but if you have enough media and change water twice per week, should be ok.

I used to keep 5 pcs of 8 to 9 inches PDR, 1 Xback and 1 Tig in a 3.5X2.5X2.5 ft cabinet tank with sump, change water twice a week about 20% each time, I can maintain zero ammonia and rays are ok.

I suggest you buy a test kit to check for ammonia and if you can keep it at lower than 0.5ppm, best if zero, it should be ok. You should monitor closely if you want to continue to keep those fishes listed in the same tank in the long run.
Will heed your advice and do more WC. Likewise, I might just sell away two of my smaller ray.

Thanks
Koolman
koolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
coldblood
Arofanatic

I think you should sell the rays before they get bitten......

Just to share my recent experience.

Like wise I had MMs in a tub with 2 smaller motoros recently... last week the two smaller rays got bitten quite bad... torn disc and perfect tails become table tennis rackets.....had to transfer them to my aro tank... once they healed I guess I had to let them go sadly.....
coldblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #13
koolman
Dragon

HI all

Just an update of my ray collection.

I have finally house 1 x 15 inches MM, 1 x 12 inches otorogon SP, 1 x 6 inches SP and 1 X african arowana.
Thanks all for the advice.

Cheers
Koolman
koolman is offline   Reply With Quote