Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 31-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
maverick08

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish11 View Post
Hi. I am trying really hard to get my female motoro to start eating MP. Before getting this female, I have a male SP ray and it's been eating MP all along. But e female motoro just refuse to eat MP. I have alr starved it for like 1 week and tried again just now. However it just refuses to eat. Urgently need advice on how to get it on MP. Both rays are bout 5-6 inches. Thanks!
Bro, try to mix MP with frozen GS then slowly your rays will take mp liao
Old 02-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #12
fish11

The problem now is 1 of my ray dont even eat the frozen GS. It will chew a bit then spit out. How? What to do now?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #13
leong26

give time, it will take eventually. some may chew n split out at first.but dont give up and dont feed anything else except other than mp.

cut it into small pcs, not too thick, from my own experience when i bought back my pup last time, i feed it with live bait torsat/small fish cos its been fed with these all along,so i just con't to feed live bait for about a mths + then tried to convert to mp.
at the start the pup will chew it but than it will split it out n swim away.
i try untill my guts tell me that maybe its the way i cut my mp, so i cut it into really small pcs and try BINGO hit the jackport! so maybe you can try to cut it into small small pc.

dont worry your ray will take the mp,maybe not today not tomorrow, but it will eventually.

2011 gong si fa chai. good luck
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
fish11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong26 View Post
give time, it will take eventually. some may chew n split out at first.but dont give up and dont feed anything else except other than mp.

cut it into small pcs, not too thick, from my own experience when i bought back my pup last time, i feed it with live bait torsat/small fish cos its been fed with these all along,so i just con't to feed live bait for about a mths + then tried to convert to mp.
i try untill my guts tell me that maybe its the way i cut my mp, so i cut it into really small pcs and try BINGO hit the jackport! so maybe you can try to cut it into small small pc.

dont worry your ray will take the mp,maybe not today not tomorrow, but it will eventually.

Thanks for ur comment. U mean I should keep feeding MP even if the ray doesn't eat? For example, I cut MP into smaller pieces den throw in and the ray just chew n spit out. After a few minutes if the MP left uneaten, I will remove them and throw away. Meaning the ray hasn't eaten the MP. So if I continue like this all the way, won't the ray be starving? haha!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
fish11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong26 View Post

Thanks! Happy CNY to u too!
Old 23-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #16
edwinpoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish11 View Post
Thanks for ur comment. U mean I should keep feeding MP even if the ray doesn't eat? For example, I cut MP into smaller pieces den throw in and the ray just chew n spit out. After a few minutes if the MP left uneaten, I will remove them and throw away. Meaning the ray hasn't eaten the MP. So if I continue like this all the way, won't the ray be starving? haha!
Bro, have successfully convert your ray diet to mp already? I bought one 12" motoro ray 2 weeks ago and still trying to train it to take mp.
edwinpoh is offline   Reply With Quote