Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
jwhtan
Barney

Default The Rep System

1. There are two mechanism. One is the rep points and the other is the rep altering power.

2. Everyone starts off at 10 rep points which is neutral. We can start from 0 but 10 gives everyone a buffer so tat even if u get zapped from the start, u still hv some way to go.

3. When ur rep points drop below -10, I'll put you under moderation. If it drops below -50, I'll disable ur account.

4. You'll need a minimum of 20 rep points and 50 post counts before you get any rep altering power. So registration of new nicks to destabilise the system will not work.

5. For senior members here, every 1200 days will give them one additional rep altering power. And every 500 rep points members gained will give them one additional rep altering power. Maximum rep power will be 8.

6. A limit to only one click a person can give over a 24 hour period. You can only add or minus once daily. This means you either up your friend or down those u find frivolous.

7. User Spread. You cannot give to the same person until you have given to 100 others. So that means you cannot just click on one until his reps go spiralling down uncontrollably. So if a member has very high reps, that's just many hv voted for him. Or if a member has very low reps, he is disliked by the majority.

8.The rep system is not about right or wrong. It's abt whether someone agrees or disagrees with ur post. No reason is needed. You can say a XBack needs tanning and the someone think u talk rubbish, u can get zapped. You win some , you lose some. Simple as that. It's basically abt opinions. And to a certain extent, the number of friends u have. Remember u hv one click per day and you cannot click the same member again until you hv clicked 100 others, so click wisely.
Old 17-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino
anonymity may allow certain individuals to have a hit-and-run field day..
yes of cos, but by restricting the number of clicks over a 24 hour period and the number of members u need to go thru before getting back to the same person helps to eradicate and minimise this "pitfall" ... the zapping (minus) of rep points may not be related to trade .. it could be the nature of the persons postings .. some members do nothing but upzz the buy/sell threads (when there were post counts), some juz frequent all forums and post " nice fish " .. U may disagree with this and zapped them or some give very good explanation how his method help in his XBack achieving an earlier crossing, u may want to up his points. but regardless, there'll always be opposing views since fishkeeping is a live stock so being added or being zapped, for the normal hobbyists, shd not be taken too seriously. maybe one day, a member has 200 points and someone sees " waoh so many, zapped him one point" .. well please dun kick a fuss cos its not going to make a difference. Just enjoy an additional tool that Vbulletin has.
Old 17-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT
Sometimes ppl may not b as patient as another and some bros gets offended rather easily.Some will start to give not well thot out and rather hurtful comment in which the other party sure cannot tahan one,here the chicken n egg thingy will come into effect and war of words will b inevitable.

We will take to task the person whose comments are vulgar.
Old 17-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker
Wat is the objective of having such a system???
This is to pass down the "moderation task" to the members themselves ... u see frivolous "nice fish" postings all in one straight mass post manner or similar kind, u dun like them, u zapped them .. u think they are ok, u leave them. U see a member doesn't matter wat occasion, w/o fail promotes the same LFS, U think it's not right, u zapped him ... u think he's sharing, upzz him ..

if the rep altering power is given to 30K above postings, then 99% of members here will not qualify and wat then will be the reason to implement this at all ? 50 posts and u'll hv one rep altering power and the next one more altering power is given at 20,000 posts .. so that's a lot of difference

i think no one single person can zapped another member to oblivion. If one member is zapped badly, then it's almost certainly he's been zapped by many and all these people who zapped him will hv given up the chance to up ther frens.
Old 17-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher
1) If i've given a point up or down to someone, can that person as well as the community read the comments made, but yet the identity of the person who commented kept anonymous?

The rational behind this i feel is to prevent unnecessary childish backlashes from someone who has gotten zapped.

2) Are the comments compulsary? If not, can they be?

This i feel would (although somewhat futile) prevent some from abusing this system if they had to type a minimum 100 words to justify why they are zapping up or down someone else.

1) The person can read the comments, and the identity of the person is not made know, he remains anonymous

2) The comments are not compulsory, but any vulgarities comments shd be reported and I'll zapped the person spewing vulgarities but I'll not answer those "why i kena zapped" or " who zapped me" questions.

there'll always be those that will upzz you and those that will zapped you .. so at the end of the day, it evens out .... unless the person has no frens
Old 17-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #6
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole81
If someone is being " sabotage " will his case be reviewed first before suspension ?
I can read all the comments, every single individual
Old 27-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
blacks

Default User CP colours meaning

At the CP control section

1. What colour is a zap ?
2. What colour is upz (orange ?)
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ?

Is there some where for me to refer to on the functions around, seem not able to find details on this in this thread.

Old 27-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
GIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks
At the CP control section

1. What colour is a zap ?
2. What colour is upz (orange ?)
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ?

Is there some where for me to refer to on the functions around, seem not able to find details on this in this thread.

1. What colour is a zap ? RED
2. What colour is upz (orange ?) GREEN
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ? NO

BROWN the person can UPz or Zap U but don't have rep. power, so no pt. gain or loss.

Old 27-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #9
yijing55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN
1. What colour is a zap ? RED
2. What colour is upz (orange ?) GREEN
3. Is there another colour for not adding comments but a upz ? NO

BROWN the person can UPz or Zap U but don't have rep. power, so no pt. gain or loss.

I think person with no rep power zap or upz is grey......

Old 23-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #10
.S.
Arofanatic

Hi Administrator

Could you please help me to expose this person who zapped me with vulgar comments?

Is this LH Worth... 23-05-2007 11:26 AM zAp U!!!!!!!...assHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
I will expose the person whose comments are vulgar. And I think very quickly the person who does it will be zapped to oblivion. This system actually kind of pass on the powers of moderation to the general members rather than rely solely on the moderators to monitor all the threads. And I think those who whine over the one point they get deducted will very quickly be zapped even more for whining.
Closed Thread