Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 12-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
rk79

Default Tropheus Cichild

Hi all , i am new to cichild .I am very fancy on Tropheus cichild .Any Bros here breed and sell or where can i get it in singapore ?May i know the price too.
Thanks in advance
rk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
CCT
Dragon

Hi rk, Tropheus is very fun to have but they need extra attentive compare to other tangan. For Tropheus maybe able to find them in lfs for duboisi and moliro or ikola, price range should be from $10 for around 3 to 5cm. There is also some hobbyist who breed them. See whether they have to offer u.

Frontosa Mpimbwe Blue WC x 1, Moba F1 x 4, Burundi x 10, Alto. Comps Yellow x 12, Tropheus Ikola x 2, Moliro x 1, Chimba x 3, Ilangi Yellow F1 x 7, Kasanga Red Rainbow F1 x 3, Polli F1 x 6, Brichardi Canary Cheek F1 x 9, Duboisi x 7, Red Bishop x 3, Mbuna, Peacock, Zebra Tilapia and Red Jewel.
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
rk79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Hi rk, Tropheus is very fun to have but they need extra attentive compare to other tangan. For Tropheus maybe able to find them in lfs for duboisi and moliro or ikola, price range should be from $10 for around 3 to 5cm. There is also some hobbyist who breed them. See whether they have to offer u.

Frontosa Mpimbwe Blue WC x 1, Moba F1 x 4, Burundi x 10, Alto. Comps Yellow x 12, Tropheus Ikola x 2, Moliro x 1, Chimba x 3, Ilangi Yellow F1 x 7, Kasanga Red Rainbow F1 x 3, Polli F1 x 6, Brichardi Canary Cheek F1 x 9, Duboisi x 7, Red Bishop x 3, Mbuna, Peacock, Zebra Tilapia and Red Jewel.

Hi CCT , thanks for the info . i went to all the lfs in clementi and couldnt find it.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
CCT
Dragon

Oh i see what kind of Tropheus are you looking for?

Old 12-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
rk79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Oh i see what kind of Tropheus are you looking for?

I saw on the web is call Tropheus SP (cherry spot )and Bemba Flame (orange and black).Sorry if i get the name wrong , i copied exactly what is written on web.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
CCT
Dragon

Sp cherry spot i haven see any around. Bemba is quite common in sg
Old 27-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk79 View Post
Hi all , i am new to cichild .I am very fancy on Tropheus cichild .Any Bros here breed and sell or where can i get it in singapore ?May i know the price too.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to keeping cichlid! Tropheus are very lively and beautiful fishes but rank amongst one of the most difficult Tanganyikan cichlids to keep. I believe it will give you a good challenge.

Currently, there are 2 very active tropheus keepers/breeders in Singapore....namely Tangs_rule & Johannes, others, etc. Good to look them up to buy/understand more about tropheus keeping. As for prices, they differ much due to different variants of tropheus. Good luck!
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #8
Gowling
Dragon

I got mine from Qianhu. They stock up quite a number of pieces.
Gowling is offline   Reply With Quote