Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
xaine
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming View Post
SG's crayfish arena ??? never heard b4 !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post
I guess bro xaine meant our local crayfish scene and community over here in SG.
Quote:
bro Tualatin..u know what's the webby or any info ?
Erm....as bro Tualatin as mention, what I was referring to is if the craze for crayfish is getting over. Seem to have alot of people releasing it to the ponds and there isn't much discussion on crayfish anymore. Or even the LFS aren't really bringing in more exotic species (maybe due to the lukewarm demand).
Old 29-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #12
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaine View Post
Erm....as bro Tualatin as mention, what I was referring to is if the craze for crayfish is getting over. Seem to have alot of people releasing it to the ponds and there isn't much discussion on crayfish anymore. Or even the LFS aren't really bringing in more exotic species (maybe due to the lukewarm demand).
icic..well..i tink there are many ppl rearing crayfish but juz tat they dun come to this forum

Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
xaine
Dragon

Quote:
icic..well..i tink there are many ppl rearing crayfish but juz tat they dun come to this forum
or maybe many are moving into shrimps nowadays. (I myself inclusive)
Old 03-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #14
PrinceCharming

Quote:
or maybe many are moving into shrimps nowadays. (I myself inclusive)
probably! but to me..i find shrimps are too small...cant really see them and they require more maintenance and equipment which cost $$...the gd tink abt shrimps is tat they reproduces VERY fast and will nt cannibalise each other ..it will be nice when put together with neon tetras or cardinals which i personally like alot ...can consider shrimps but too eX..

coz to me..if i want something..i must get the best...SSS grade can cost a BOMB

Old 03-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #15
Sharpion
Arofanatic

Quote:
probably! but to me..i find shrimps are too small...cant really see them and they require more maintenance and equipment which cost $$...the gd tink abt shrimps is tat they reproduces VERY fast and will nt cannibalise each other ..it will be nice when put together with neon tetras or cardinals which i personally like alot ...can consider shrimps but too eX..

coz to me..if i want something..i must get the best...SSS grade can cost a BOMB
i originally started with cray also then moved to CRS about 6 mths ago when all my crays died. Its not really expensive unless you are very serious and want to breed the high grades. Some nice bro gave me my starting few (abt 10) and it multiplied till 100+, but then i changed the water parameters and 100+ died ...

i think breeding cray is harder - i was never successful in having cray babies although there were eggs etc. cray although dun have to care much about the water (relatively) but u have to worry abt them eating each other and having lots of hiding places and moulting etc.

actually i want to get back into cray again, looking for either the black or white ones - anyone know where i can get? i want qian hu yesterday and saw a few species but no black or white.

i think actually more ppl are interested in cray coz i see more LFS selling and there are so much more variety and quantity than b4, also now the price has gone up...last time can get for $1-$2.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #16
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpion View Post
i originally started with cray also then moved to CRS about 6 mths ago when all my crays died. Its not really expensive unless you are very serious and want to breed the high grades. Some nice bro gave me my starting few (abt 10) and it multiplied till 100+, but then i changed the water parameters and 100+ died ...

i think breeding cray is harder - i was never successful in having cray babies although there were eggs etc. cray although dun have to care much about the water (relatively) but u have to worry abt them eating each other and having lots of hiding places and moulting etc.

actually i want to get back into cray again, looking for either the black or white ones - anyone know where i can get? i want qian hu yesterday and saw a few species but no black or white.

i think actually more ppl are interested in cray coz i see more LFS selling and there are so much more variety and quantity than b4, also now the price has gone up...last time can get for $1-$2.
u r lucky bro...i went c328 yesterday n i saw 4 snow white clarkii most of them have big small claw if u dun mind...it is placed on the same shelf as the shrimps but to the right...near the auntie who always pack the fishes

Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #17
xaine
Dragon

Yes crays do breed slower and has a higher tolerance to water conditions. One thing about crays is that they take up more "real estate" for each piece as they require hiding places, so if you would like more, then you will need a bigger tank.
Another thing I'm tired is that it always becoming "commando" (haha), having to place meshes or covers over the tank doesn't make it look nice.

Anyway, I think there are still LFS selling $1-2 pieces for the quads, should be able to find some easily.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #18
xaine
Dragon

talking about my red cray, I recently put it in a 6"x6" tank (which I was using to prepare a shrimp tank). shucks...it ate all my xmas moss I was growing on the mesh, now gotta rehome it again....haha
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #19
PrinceCharming

Quote:
talking about my red cray, I recently put it in a 6"x6" tank (which I was using to prepare a shrimp tank). shucks...it ate all my xmas moss I was growing on the mesh, now gotta rehome it again....haha
haha sad...u can actually use those plastic cardboards to cover the tank..it is sold in popular and each piece is $3.15..the size is A3..u can cut it into the size u want and it comes in MANY colors

Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #20
PrinceCharming

my female blue moon has been behaving weirdly since last week..

she eats very little but still eating..

she keeps using her last 2 legs and arranging her swimrets

these signs seems like she is either moulting or pregnant..

yesterday i realise tat under her body..the place where the eggs comes out

there is a fluffy white object..shape of a ball at the egg entrance

and now her tail is fully curled up..for few hrs i have been observing

she has nt open it

constantly she is lying on her side and back

wriggling her legs...when any fish comes near her

she will stand on her feet and try to catch them..

but after they are gone..she lies back again...

i believe she is still healthy as i saw her caught my neon tetra n eating it

any comments guys?

Closed Thread