Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 24-02-2005, 01:20 AM   #21
tanjy

added a few more pics in my gallery

Didnt have time to measure the ph and kh level yet. with the new co2 setup, my IOF outlet is shooting hundreds of mini bubbles throughout the tank. Will observe a few more days whether it is effective..
Old 24-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #22
tanjy

Added a few more pics today.. Lots of pearling achieved!
after trying both diffuser and reactor methods without success, the best way is actually a combo of the 2 methods. It is also more efficient, cos I am down to 2-3 bubbles per sec.

As for my kh and ph levels, there were little changes (prob the CACO3 hasnt run its course yet).

Now my next mission is to solve the spot algae problem (you can see from the pics its quite bad)..

Hope some experts here could advise..
Old 24-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #23
plantmania

Your tank looks big, more than 2 feet? Probably the problem is the CO2 distribution is not fast and wide spread enough, especially in a IOS where the CO2 loss is faster, it will be better to "split" your CO2 output to spread it our evenly.

CO2 -> Reactor -> Rainbar 1 (left side of tank) -> Rainbar 2 (right side of tank).

Getting multiple CO2 mixer, like yours of a diffusor and reactor also works as it give better coverage before most of the CO2 is lost.

The spot algae problem, think it's better to start another thread or search forum on existing solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanjy
Added a few more pics today.. Lots of pearling achieved!
after trying both diffuser and reactor methods without success, the best way is actually a combo of the 2 methods. It is also more efficient, cos I am down to 2-3 bubbles per sec.
Old 25-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #24
tanjy

my tank is 5 ft long.

actually, i have thot about the rain bar distribution before, just that it is quite lei chei to do.. since the method of diffusing the co2 in front of my IOF pump and using the outlet hose as a reactor works, I will leave it as it is.. very cheap solution, only cost me $5 :>