Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #31
CM09

Also I got 3 of them couple months ago, they're now about 5-6 inchs with golden orange base colour especially on their gill cover and deep red on their fins. Any idea what kind of masheers they are? In fact, I think that they may properly be refer to Neolissocheilus genus. Thanks in advance.

Old 13-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #32
hallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM09 View Post
Also I got 3 of them couple months ago, they're now about 5-6 inchs with golden orange base colour especially on their gill cover and deep red on their fins. Any idea what kind of masheers they are? In fact, I think that they may properly be refer to Neolissocheilus genus. Thanks in advance.

[IG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/caveman_album_2007/new4267.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/caveman_album_2007/new4269.jpg[/IMG]
Hmm.... don't know either.

if red mahseer must be have more red on their fin... anal fin. And the head little small with more longer snout...

Last edited by hallo; 13-07-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Old 13-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #33
byongify

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM09 View Post
It's glad to see you here, bro!
The biggest one above is the one that we've discussed in Youtube.
Welcome aboard!

hehe thanks,brow..,i think i have same case with you.,i have 3 juvenilles at 6 inch.the character of these fishes make me confused to
...btw when you first got these fish(third picture), what size on it?????

whether ,the character of your fish (when it was small) is very similiar to thai blue(Neolissocheilus stracheyi) ???.
just little bit defference.at snout shape and darker base color...maybe you still have a pict of it ,when it was juvenille...just for comparison ,,,
i will, up load my pict to,,soon

Old 13-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #34
byongify

[QUOTE=CM09;7859825]Also I got 3 of them couple months ago, they're now about 5-6 inchs with golden orange base colour especially on their gill cover and deep red on their fins. Any idea what kind of masheers they are? In fact, I think that they may properly be refer to Neolissocheilus genus. Thanks in advance.

based on your discription,above..whether similar to this picture( i took from internet)??
yeaaah... I think your fish is included in the Neolissocheilus genus..but the species. i dont know either
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Neolissocheilus sp.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	261021  

Old 13-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #35
channabarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedra View Post
Is Hypselobarbus thomassi supposed to be about a meter long max?

I had mentioned in my earlier post that H. thomassi can grow to 20 cm from what I've seen but there are reports of upto 23 cm too.

Old 13-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #36
channabarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by byongify View Post
thank for the information.. btw I can not find "Hypselobarbus thomassi" picture on the internet,
do you have any picture of it?
Infact, you yourself have posted one of the same H. thomassi i mean, the first pic. Where was that from ?

Here's a pic of Hypselobarbus thomassi though not mine and I had it on file, must have been a friend's pic will recall and acknowledge later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H.thomassi.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	261024  

Old 13-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #37
channabarca

byongify, as an after thought we are deviating from the main topic of this great thread which are Tor species or Mahseer.

If there would be more discussion on Hypselobarbus better to start a separate thread

Old 13-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #38
hallo

CM09

hmm.... may be that red finned mahseer.... ? my be right my be wrong....

Old 13-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #39
byongify

Quote:
Originally Posted by channabarca View Post
Infact, you yourself have posted one of the same H. thomassi i mean, the first pic. Where was that from ?

Here's a pic of Hypselobarbus thomassi though not mine and I had it on file, must have been a friend's pic will recall and acknowledge later.
Quote:
byongify, as an after thought we are deviating from the main topic of this great thread which are Tor species or Mahseer.

If there would be more discussion on Hypselobarbus better to start a separate thread
The first image is owned by mr fishyAmazon.
hmmm....about your picture, It looks like H jerdoni to me
ok...your absolutly right, maybe we better disscuse in separate thread...thanks.

Old 13-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #40
FishyAmazon

Quote:

Please note that Hypselobarbus thomassi has ever been misquoted in C328 as a red mahseer. If you have bought one before like me, this is the light in the tunnel for you

Lets continue with Mahseer discussion. Now that we have so many new folks that join us recently - It'll be my utmost pleasure to post/reference some old libraries on the Thai Blue Kelah to hopefully help some of us that is getting confused. It's an acquired taste so i would remind you to have patience in learning this knowledge with others and yourself. Enjoy the journey!

Closed Thread