Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Irwinkoh

Default Indo tiger

Hey bros, My 2 newly bought indo tigers are not eating . They're moving around only at one side at the bottom of my tank. ( Head facing down ) ( about 4-6 inchs ) .

Do it

-Take a very long time to stable down ?
-How can i make them eat ?
-How to stable them down ?

Please advice .
Thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Emozz
Dragon

bro prehap you would like to check your water condition and also your ph compare to last water ph u brought from? Also newly brought tiger tend to more stress in their new environment so you had to give them time to settle down. Last Q is do you acclimate your new fish in your aquarium?

Usually i will float the unopen bag of fish in my tank for 45 min then slowly
exchange 1/4 of the water in the bag with the water from my aquarium every 15 minutes for an hour then release the fish

Hope it help
Emozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Irwinkoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emozz View Post
bro prehap you would like to check your water condition and also your ph compare to last water ph u brought from? Also newly brought tiger tend to more stress in their new environment so you had to give them time to settle down. Last Q is do you acclimate your new fish in your aquarium?

Usually i will float the unopen bag of fish in my tank for 45 min then slowly
exchange 1/4 of the water in the bag with the water from my aquarium every 15 minutes for an hour then release the fish

Hope it help
Mine is about 6.5 . And i'm not sure about the shops ph lvl . Yup , I did float the unopen bag for 1 hour plus before i release the fishes . Hope you bros could advice me more regarding this issue.

Thanks for sharing bro
Old 07-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
honghonghonghon
Arofanatic

any other tank mates?some aggressive tankmates might make the newly introduced tigers stressed.
honghonghonghon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Irwinkoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by honghonghonghon View Post
any other tank mates?some aggressive tankmates might make the newly introduced tigers stressed.
Bro , i got quite a few tankmates .

-1X RTG
-1X RED TAIL CAT
-2X TFB
-2x jiu jie long
-2x IT

Thats all my fishes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
DY1-BRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinkoh View Post
Hey bros, My 2 newly bought indo tigers are not eating . They're moving around only at one side at the bottom of my tank. ( Head facing down ) ( about 4-6 inchs ) .

Do it

-Take a very long time to stable down ?
-How can i make them eat ?
-How to stable them down ?

Please advice .
Thanks.
Broh try giving them a hiding place... my two datnoids are like that when I first bought them, they will not eat for awhile but dont worry they are hardy fish! just give them time to settle
Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
cedric_sunny
Dragon

My IT are all in a complete bare tank. Let them have time to settle in and they'll start swimming around once they're used to the tank. They are quite emo to my thoughts, they happy they show you gold, not happy they show you black. As long as they are eating well, then should be ok.
cedric_sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
honghonghonghon
Arofanatic

juz keep a lookout for any aggression from tankmates, if tankmates are peaceful soon they will eat when they r hungry. mine started eating on the 2nd day. and i had to remove a huge fire eel to make them less stressed as hes the king of the tank,swim everywhere n hog most of the food.haha
honghonghonghon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Irwinkoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DY1-BRT View Post
Broh try giving them a hiding place... my two datnoids are like that when I first bought them, they will not eat for awhile but dont worry they are hardy fish! just give them time to settle
Yup bro . I'll consider a driftwood to be placed for them to hide . Maybe , it will fasten them to get used to my tank
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #10
Irwinkoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric_sunny View Post
My IT are all in a complete bare tank. Let them have time to settle in and they'll start swimming around once they're used to the tank. They are quite emo to my thoughts, they happy they show you gold, not happy they show you black. As long as they are eating well, then should be ok.
Totally agree bro ! My IT very black now. HAHAHA. I'll give them time to settle down . But , what im afraid is their diet. Keep praying that they eat. I dont want any lost in anyways.