Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 22-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #41
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
I must admit that the experts make it look so simple! Just normal looking IOS will do the job liao! No elaborate systems! Really respect!
with nowadays modern technology, people tend to try this & that but me not really into it. In fact some old bird told me to put sponge only. No bio ring or what so ever. Seem to work well. When we go farm, I'll show you another fish that was transfer so many time and the fish also got no stress. Red colour run abit only but base colour still tokong
williamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #42
Petshopboys
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori
Morning to you too................to me it's orange lah, maybe BM's std too high liao, that's why. My bro PSB's WHSR is more like orangish compared to yours.
thanks hor......wan to suan me also don need to use my WHSR right?
And can u compare toyota(WHSR) to BMW(PP)?
Bro T28
Nice red...just keep it simple loh...color will come back one
Petshopboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #43
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Hahahah Faded liao ah?? No worries bro,VIP Red also faded due to diff in water parameters,maybe must be lke in Indo where ulu hobbist dun even use filter just simple bubble filter only and do water change everyday......maybe must spent a few months for the fish to adapt to our water.Let it fade then start all over agin,i think like this will let the fishless prone to fading and gett use to each individual keeping procedure..
winkelhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #44
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM32
AditAbangTerenceTwentyEight

Adit, red aro has to go thru a periods of up and down especially when she is less than 5 to 6 years old. My Apa red was like that before and only recently has settled with his color. No more down than up...now is up up upzzzz.
Ping Ping has very good gene, so not to worry. Are you sure your water PH for Ping Ping is 5.1? I think is around 6.8, I can see and feel from here.

Actually controlling PH by CO2 is quite dangerous.
Let me tell you a story happened last night.
Last night, me almost killed my Itu Red..............
What i suggest now is..pump up Ping Ping. Don't worry about her color. You know her special gene. The time when you are ready, she will show you her COLOR.

Regards
Abang, hope yr red is recovering well. My CO2 in comm tank only used in startup time when the 5ft tank 1st came. Thats why i asked u if u want my CO2 tank. Need my help feel free to call.
Old 22-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #45
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petshopboys
thanks hor......wan to suan me also don need to use my WHSR right?
And can u compare toyota(WHSR) to BMW(PP)?
Bro T28
Nice red...just keep it simple loh...color will come back one
Paiseh u kana suan.... thanks bro, will keep it simple, just small twig in my water should be enuf... anyway fish look healthy, just that she is not at her very best yet.
Old 22-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #46
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
with nowadays modern technology, people tend to try this & that but me not really into it. In fact some old bird told me to put sponge only. No bio ring or what so ever. Seem to work well. When we go farm, I'll show you another fish that was transfer so many time and the fish also got no stress. Red colour run abit only but base colour still tokong
I still have lots to learn! BM very quiet this morning hor? Must be go and buy banana havent go office...
Old 22-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #47
Petshopboys
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Paiseh u kana suan.... thanks bro, will keep it simple, just small twig in my water should be enuf... anyway fish look healthy, just that she is not at her very best yet.
nevermind lah as my WHSR is really so so nia
That cumlan braler of my is alway like that one lah.....
Petshopboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #48
PeeCeeBee
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM32
AditAbangTerenceTwentyEight

Adit, red aro has to go thru a periods of up and down especially when she is less than 5 to 6 years old. My Apa red was like that before and only recently has settled with his color. No more down than up...now is up up upzzzz.
Ping Ping has very good gene, so not to worry. Are you sure your water PH for Ping Ping is 5.1? I think is around 6.8, I can see and feel from here.

Actually controlling PH by CO2 is quite dangerous.
Let me tell you a story happened last night.
Last night, me almost killed my Itu Red. My CO2 solenoid valve leak and excess CO2 absorded into the water. When i noticed it, my fish already floated up side down and lying motionless just gapping for breath. My wife and children pronouned the fish "Death". They have seen my fishes at such condition before and they all dead. I never give up cos i love my aros[$$$$]

I quickly shut the CO2 supply and added 6 air stones with 3 air pumps.
Called my Nep Andrew, he advised me to change 50% water to remove the CO2. The rest leave to the fish to fight for her life.

Last night could not sleep well. Pray to all Gods for help. This morning fish swimming and give me a look and say, hehehe "I am back".

Now I am going to let my aros live in a natural environment that he/she loves most. No more CO2. Everything now "Natural", my old ways of keeping.

Warning to CO2 owner, pls take note [advice from My Nep Andrew]

There is a one way valve attached on the outlet of the bubble counter cup.
This one way valve is very importance. It can serve as pressure safety check valve. In the case when your solenoid valve leak or a sudden burst of CO2 supply. This one way check valve can still manage the amount of CO2 supply or will break due to the pressure. Hence stopping the excess CO2 into your tank water.

My one way check valve was broken 2 days before and i connected the supply directly just by passing the one way check valve. I learned my lesson.

Sorry, Adit..hope i have not deviated your thread. Just want to share since your thread also talk about PH. Hope you forgive Abang.

What i suggest now is..pump up Ping Ping. Don't worry about her color. You know her special gene. The time when you are ready, she will show you her COLOR.

Regards
more gadgets only bring more control parameter and more risks.....keep things simple is the way to go.....less headache less stress....enjoy the hobby
PeeCeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #49
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
I still have lots to learn! BM very quiet this morning hor? Must be go and buy banana havent go office...
hahaha will be seeing him tonight
williamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #50
ATOMYC44
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeCeeBee
more gadgets only bring more control parameter and more risks.....keep things simple is the way to go.....less headache less stress....enjoy the hobby

agree to all of the above!!
ATOMYC44 is offline   Reply With Quote