Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 19-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #61
NI KI
Arofanatic

Ward to leave

Danny Ward is in talks with Leicester over a permanent move from Liverpool.

The Liverpool goalkeeper was expected to be given a chance to make the grade in the first team this pre-season, but the Reds have acted decisively in the transfer market to edge closer towards a world-record breaking deal for Alisson.

It looks as though Ward is now heading for the Anfield exit door now without ever being given a chance to prove himself.

It’s something of a goalkeeping merry-go-round at present.

Alisson’s move to Anfield means Roma are on the lookout for new keeper and they have identified Kasper Schmeichel as the man.

As such, Leicester need a new shot-stopper and they want Wales international Ward to be their guy.

What does that mean for Loris Karius?

Simon Mignolet is still expected to leave, but maybe it is a chance for one of the club’s youngsters to push on?
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #62
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool goalkeeper Danny Ward in talks with Leicester City as Alisson transfer nears completion

Danny Ward is in talks with Leicester City over a permanent move as Liverpool's goalkeeping reshuffle intensifies.

Ward had been scheduled to start Thursday night's friendly at Blackburn Rovers having jumped ahead of Loris Karius in the pecking order between the sticks.

But the imminent arrival of Roma goalkeeper Alisson, who is on Merseyside to complete a medical ahead of a world record £66.8million move, has dramatically changed the landscape.

Now Leicester are keen on signing Wales international Ward with discussions having already taken place over a possible £12m permanent move.

Ward's potential transfer forms part of a remarkable goalkeeper merry-go-round involving some of Europe's leading clubs.

Real Madrid, who were favourites to sign Alisson earlier in the season, are instead closing on a 35m euro deal for Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois.

That transfer, though, will only go through once the Londoners buy a new goalkeeper, with Chelsea having targeted Leicester's first-choice Kasper Schmeichel.

And that in turn has prompted the Foxes to make their move for Ward, who will be allowed to leave Liverpool at the right price.

With Simon Mignolet almost certain to press for a move away from Anfield on his return from World Cup duty, Ward's likely departure would leave Loris Karius as the number two to the incoming Alisson.

Meanwhile, Roma sporting director Monchi admits the departure of the Brazil international is almost done.

"We haven’t finalised anything yet (with Alisson)," he said. "But it is true that the negotiations are advanced and he’s over in Liverpool now.

“When a very substantial offer comes in, you have to consider it. We weighed up the pros and cons and decided to speak to Liverpool.

“Selling Alisson would not show a lack of ambition. For me, ambition is about doing the right thing after thinking everything through.

"I came here to build a strong team, not just for one year but for many years to come – and I’m 100% sure that will be the case.”
Old 19-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #63
NI KI
Arofanatic

Jurgen Klopp reveals why crazy Jordan Henderson and partying Dejan Lovren won't play for Liverpool at start of season

Jurgen Klopp admits that captain Jordan Henderson and defender Dejan Lovren are set to miss Liverpool's Premier League opener against West Ham.

The duo won't report back to Melwood until a week before the visit of the Hammers on August 12 following an extended break after their commitments at the World Cup.

Klopp, who revealed that he had to force Henderson to take a holiday, doesn't expect them to be involved against Manuel Pellegrini's new-look side.

Asked if the West Ham game would come too soon for them, Klopp said: “If you asked Jordan probably not! It was a hard fight to convince him that he needed a holiday.

“I knew it would happen! On the phone I said 'crazy'. Jordan needs a holiday so that means August 5 he will be back.

“Dejan had a party in Croatia and played a day later so he will be back on August 6. That would mean five days training after three weeks holiday...

“I hope we are in a situation where we don't need to think about using these two (against West Ham).”

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Simon Mignolet were also involved in the World Cup until the final weekend, although Mignolet is expected to seek a move following the signing of Roma keeper Alisson.

Klopp gives his players three weeks off following international tournaments but England teenager Alexander-Arnold is desperate to return to club duty ahead of schedule.

“With Trent I have a special agreement,” Klopp revealed.

“He wanted to be in earlier as well. As he's very young I said 'okay, have two weeks holiday and then we'll speak and see'.

“If you asked Trent he would be good to join us in Evian (for a training camp from July 31 to August 3). But I'm not sure I will do that.

“I want to have them desperately but the season is really long. We have three games before the first international break.

“This time it will be the Nations Cup so it's getting more important! Very nice, very funny! It will be difficult to involve them against West Ham but I don't want to make that line up today.”

Competition for places promises to be greater this season following Liverpool's summer transfer business but Klopp dismissed the idea that's why players want to cut short their holidays.

“That would mean they weren't confident and that makes no sense,” he said.

“Hendo believes 100% in training. He feels like he needs training every day, a bit like Millie (James Milner).

“They are old fashioned professionals which I like. Sometimes the manager has to say 'Stop! Make a break!' They shouldn't be worried about anything like that because we'll need them all.

“Trent was flying. He could probably three years in a row but that wouldn't make sense.

“I think three weeks holiday is really okay. I don't want to sing a sad song but for players who play for their countries, three weeks in the summer is their holiday (for the whole year).”

Liverpool will play just four Premier League matches before Klopp loses his players once again to international duty. England's opening game in the UEFA Nations Cup is against Spain on September 8.

The Reds boss is concerned about the demands being played on his elite talent.

"I don't want to get too football political but if they don't stop with these games.... they are now making it the Nations Cup to make it more important," Klopp said.

"All these players who played at the World Cup have to go there again. I don't understand that 100%. We had four players in the semis which is okay, we can deal with that.

"Tottenham had nine players in the semis. I have no clue how they will do it. That's a big challenge. It's a really tough thing to deal with and in the future we have to change it.

"They play the World Cup, then the Nations Cup, next summer is the final of the Nations Cup which is really crazy.

"Everything is now so important in football and we have to collect their bones afterwards, more or less."
Old 20-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #64
nywa78
Arofanatic

Welcome Alisson
nywa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #65
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool confirm signing of Alisson Becker in world record deal

Liverpool have completed a world-record deal for Roma keeper Alisson.

The Brazil international is the most expensive shot-stopper on the planet after passing his medical and penning a lucrative six-year contract.

Roma had indicated the transfer was worth 75million Euros (£66.8million) but Anfield sources insist the figure is in fact £65million.

Around £56million is guaranteed with £2.2million of that to be paid to Internacional, who had a sell-on clause when Alisson left his homeland for Italy in 2016.

Liverpool will potentially pay a further £9million in add-ons dependent on Champions League qualification and trophies won.

Allison's arrival will be swiftly followed by Danny Ward's exit after six years at the club.

The Wales international is set to sign for Leicester City after the Reds agreed a fee of £12.5million. The Reds have also negotiated a 20% sell-on clause.

Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards moved decisively to secure Alisson's services this week after Roma's asking price dropped and the 25-year-old made it clear that his heart was set on signing for the club.

The Reds had initially walked away after being quoted £90million by Roma sporting director Monchi in May and then £75million last month.

However, Roma significantly reduced those demands and as Chelsea sat waiting for Thibaut Courtois to be sold to Real Madrid, Liverpool acted swiftly to beat the Londoners to Allison's signature.

Monchi made it clear in negotiations that Roma felt they had been left short-changed after selling Mohamed Salah to Liverpool for an initial fee of just £36.9million last June. The Egypt winger went on to plunder 44 goals during a record-breaking debut campaign.

But the Reds weren't prepared to go beyond £65million for Allison and a compromise was reached with the Serie A outfit.

Allison, who cut short his holiday to complete the formalities of his transfer, is expected to link up with his new team-mates following the tour of America. Liverpool travel to Evian in France for a four-day training camp on July 31.

Klopp's squad fly off to the States in the early hours of Saturday and face Borussia Dortmund in Charlotte on Sunday.

Alisson is expected to be Klopp's last signing of the summer window having already welcomed Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri on board.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #66
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp explains Alisson signing and makes another transfer admission

Jurgen Klopp hailed the £65million signing of "world class" goalkeeper Alisson and declared: "We've got everything we need for this season."

The Brazil international penned a six-year contract after passing his medical on Thursday.

Liverpool have agreed to pay a world record fee of £56million to Roma with a further £9million to potentially follow in add-ons with Klopp saluting the owners' show of ambition.

Speaking after the Reds' 2-0 win over Blackburn on Thursday night, Klopp said: “There was a world class goalkeeper on the market, and the club gave us the opportunity to sign him.

“Of course for a long time it’s been clear that Alisson is a top class goalkeeper, but there was never a real chance to do it. This year there was the chance."

Klopp shrugged off the prospect of the size of the fee - the highest ever paid for a keeper - weighing heavily on Alisson's shoulders.

"He’s a very calm person. It’s not his price, it’s not the price we want to pay, it’s only the price the market demands. That’s how it is, no problem with that," he said.

“The size of the story is only outside (the club). We don’t think about that. We know what everyone will say about this, but it’s not really important.

"We have now another wonderful player in our squad and that’s the only thing we are looking for."

Alisson is Liverpool's fourth signing of the summer following deals for Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Klopp doesn't expect there to be any further incomings as the Reds target a title challenge in 2018/19.

"We have everything we need for the next season because I don’t think we will do anything more (in the market), I’m pretty sure of that," Klopp said.

“We have the squad now for the moment, and that’s the most important thing. We were not too bad last year but we had to improve and we tried that on the transfer market.

"We lost one or two players and we brought in a few. I’m really happy with our signings to be honest, so now let’s use the last few weeks of pre-season to be as good as possible.

“We think about us, but we know that around us a lot will happen in the next few weeks. Teams will come back strong, go after targets, stuff like that. But we want to be as strong as possible for us.

"The club gave us really fantastic opportunities, but we have to use it. We are not better than other teams, but we have to challenge them, we have to play the best football we are able to, then we will see where it leads to.

“We never looked for excuses, and we won’t do that this year. We are really ambitious as a club and that’s what the club showed now."
Old 20-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #67
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Alisson reveals a special text message from Salah

While Liverpool and AS Roma finalised the details of his transfer on Wednesday evening, Alisson Becker received a text message.

The sender? Mohamed Salah.

Following the completion of his move to Anfield on Thursday, Alisson now once again counts Salah as a teammate.

The pair shared a dressing room at Roma in the 2016-17 season, before the Egyptian joined the Reds.

A year on, Alisson has followed the same path.

And, during his first interview as a Liverpool player, the Brazil goalkeeper revealed that Salah, a man he cannot wait to team up with again, had been in touch shortly before he visited Melwood for the first time.

“We didn’t have that much contact after he left Roma. We met again in the game when we were up against each other [in the Champions League in April],” Alisson told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Yesterday, he sent me a message saying: ‘Hey, what are you waiting for?’ As the negotiations were at an advanced stage, I replied to him straight away saying: ‘Calm down, I’m on my way!’

“I’m really happy to have the opportunity to play alongside him again. As well as being a great player, he is a huge character and a great person - which is the most important thing.

“To be with these great people and players day to day is fantastic for me.”
Old 20-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #68
Teoheseow
狼叫头

NIKI Jie Jie .... can help start a CFC thread bo?

Pleassssssssssssssssssss,

Ar bo .. I ask Uncle 99 help me

Last edited by Teoheseow; 20-07-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Teoheseow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #69
NI KI
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teoheseow View Post
NIKI Jie Jie .... can help start a CFC thread bo?

Pleassssssssssssssssssss,

Ar bo .. I ask Uncle 99 help me
I am a RED RED fans wor

ask your grandson start thread for u
Old 20-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #70
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Sadio Mane to wear No.10 shirt for new season

Sadio Mane will wear the No.10 shirt for Liverpool for the 2018-19 season.

The Senegal international has switched from his previous number, 19, which he has worn since joining the club from Southampton in 2016, ahead of the new campaign.

Mane now takes up the No.10 jersey vacated by Philippe Coutinho upon his move to FC Barcelona in January, which has also been worn by John Barnes, Joe Cole, Luis Garcia, Michael Owen and Andriy Voronin during the Premier League era.