Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 05-02-2004, 03:33 PM   #31
dragonfly_sg

Default Re: Where to get high quality Jap Ranchus?

Quote:
Originally posted by Angsua
Well bros and sis, advise where i can look c look c for good ranchus?
If I were u, I wouldn't be thinking of starting off with Japs. I believe Thai/Thai Chinese cross are just as good nowadays and very much cheaper, therefore a good place to start.

I can only tell you where I find my thai/chinese

Mainland at Pasir Ris Farmway 1 and there is a couple of LFS and Farm along the same stretch of road.

L35A at Pasir Ris Farmway 2 there are also many LFS and mini farm along this stretch of road.

Qian Hu near Tengah Airbase.

Straits Aquarium along Seletar Farmway "?" check the sticky post the address is there. Around this place also have a few other farms you can vist.

Long Hu, Rainbow and 5 or 6 pieces at Petmart over at Serangoon North Ave 2 Blk 151.

The rest are from those smaller FLS that brings in "lionchu" occassionally.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:51 PM   #32
Arrowana17

Default Re: Re: Where to get high quality Jap Ranchus?

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly_sg
If I were u, I wouldn't be thinking of starting off with Japs. I believe Thai/Thai Chinese cross are just as good nowadays and very much cheaper, therefore a good place to start.

Mainland at Pasir Ris Farmway 1 and there is a couple of LFS and Farm along the same stretch of road.

L35A at Pasir Ris Farmway 2 there are also many LFS and mini farm along this stretch of road.

Straits Aquarium along Seletar Farmway "?" check the sticky post the address is there. Around this place also have a few other farms you can vist.

Long Hu, Rainbow and 5 or 6 pieces at Petmart over at Serangoon North Ave 2 Blk 151.

Go to Mainland there.....you can search the old threads....the old members always recommend...
Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #33
spazoto
Arofanatic

hmm...

ya... mainland gt a lot of GF ....
spazoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #34
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Default Re: Re: Where to get high quality Jap Ranchus?

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly_sg

how to get to paris farm?
Angsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #35
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Euphonlst
no money to buy leh but their quality is assured if today anybody win tht 10 million dollar toto mayb can buy a few pieces and give it free to fellow members here loh hee
so have you won?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #36
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Hi

Hope bros and sist can advise how to take care of a ranchu? basic things to look out for? how much space?...thanks
advice?
Old 08-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #37
Euphonlst
Dragon

Quote:
so have you won?
if won liao i treat u eat abalone liao loh and not typing words haha
Euphonlst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:26 PM   #38
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Euphonlst
if won liao i treat u eat abalone liao loh and not typing words haha
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #39
HN Lim

Quote:
Originally posted by Angler
there's this shop along Simon Rd (mins walk from Kovan MRT) which sells Jap Ranchu, forgot the name of shop, something Covenent......
I went to this shop once and have the following comments to make:
1. The owner is a guy called Sean (not sure of the spelling). He only started keeping GF for 6 months and works in DPEX.
2. His partner (the fatter guy) asked me where I buy my ranchu and I told him Straits Aquarium. He told me" I also buy from there".
3. The Japan ranchu are from Japan but the story is that it was first imported into Thailand by a Thai breeder. He selects what he needs for his breeding stock. Sends the reminder to Singapore to a Company called Rainbow in Sungei Tengah. The best 100 pcs of the lot went to House of Ranchu and the rest to Covanent.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:31 PM   #40
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by HN Lim
I went to this shop once and have the following comments to make:
1. The owner is a guy called Sean (not sure of the spelling). He only started keeping GF for 6 months and works in DPEX.
2. His partner (the fatter guy) asked me where I buy my ranchu and I told him Straits Aquarium. He told me" I also buy from there".
3. The Japan ranchu are from Japan but the story is that it was first imported into Thailand by a Thai breeder. He selects what he needs for his breeding stock. Sends the reminder to Singapore to a Company called Rainbow in Sungei Tengah. The best 100 pcs of the lot went to House of Ranchu and the rest to Covanent.
thanks for info