Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 09-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #31
Saphere
Dragon

Cute little babies can see the growth over the past few days quite steady..
Saphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #32
mohamed_ali_j
Dragon

A great thread where all could see & learn.
Will follow through.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers mate..!!
mohamed_ali_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #33
Seamaster

Update for Day 22

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The frys have grown much bigger and lots of interesting and exciting developments have occured over the weekend.

Starting from the mouth area, the barbels of the frys have started to grow out. It is so small and tiny, but it's there. Look for it. Mouth has really gotten more pouty and sharper. Infact, the upper lip and lower lip have developed a very nice gentle curve.

Pactoral fins have grown bigger and is more obvious to the naked eye in the video. The three tail fins have all bloom into a tri fan shape, almost similar to that of an adule arowana.

White pigmentation on the side profile near the gill area has developed into a permant triangular spot on both side of the gill plates. The body area behild the head/skull area have grown significantly and proportionally larger. At this stage of fry development, the fry looks like a snake head baby fry....with the exception of a big yellow egg sack at it'sbelly.

Moving over to the back area of the frys, tiny scales have began growing/forming on the two black dorsal lines. From the video, it looks like a "saw teeth" like structure have appeared on the frys' back, but it is the formation of fish scales. These scales are being outlined by black lines.

Tummy of the frys have also turned from reddish to a pearl white colour, signifying the formation the belly and vital internal organs.

The frys are thicker is width and also longer in length. The eye balls have also turned from a paper white colour to a golden/beige matured colour.

As usualy, Baby LOLX's mouth have gotten bigger, looks like a whale shark and baby OEJ (One Eye Jack) aka Egor......are healthy and growing on strong.

Do let me know what else you would like to see in the video so that I can cater for it.

Cheers
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #34
flanillee

thanks for the video and info
Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #35
Seamaster

Update for Day 23

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

When I went down to the farm today, it was a really big surprise for me. The frys were a lot larger compared to yesterday.

They are really growing in spurts and leaps. They are significantly larger, longer and wider. Scale development on the frys back, side and rear body area is rather obvious. The criss-cross markings of each and every scale is distinctive and getting bolder each day.

The head/skull structure of the frys have grown much larger. I would say it is a lot bigger than yesterday's video. Barbels are longer and more obvious to the naked eye.

Pactoral fins are growing out rather nicely and the nutrients from the egg sacks are being used by the frys to build upon existing, body and bone structures/tissues.

I notice that they are trying to swim away from the bottem and keep wriggling their tails.

Good to see them healthy at this stage.

Stay tuned for tommorrow's update.

Last edited by Seamaster; 12-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 13-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #36
stingraysng

thks , is a eye opener n hope to see more.
Old 13-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #37
AQUAHOBBY

This is a very informative thread! Thanks TS!
Old 14-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #38
Seamaster

Update for Day 24

YouTube Video

Sorry for the delay. Had some meetings to attend and could not upload in the afternoon. Apologies for the wait.

Wow Wow Woo. Today as i was video recording the frys, I was just amazed at how much they grow each day. Without sounding like a broken record and keep on commenting they have grow bigger and longer and blah blah blah........ I will just say they look healthy and strong.

Their eyes have grown larger and it looks like they will have another spurt growth soon, (most prob tomorrow) I must say they are beginning to mature into aro frys.
Old 14-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #39
Seamaster

Update for Day 25

YouTube Video

The same batch of frys but from the top view.

I figured that it would be easier to compare the fry size from the top view. What can I say, they are ....bigger......lolx.

Fall in and number off....... 1, 2, 3, 4......19, 20, 21!!!! All present and accounted for.

Stay tuned for more videos today.
Old 14-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #40
Seamaster

Update for Day 25

YouTube Video

The frys' head have grown bigger and this time you will be able to see a obvious forehead downward slope. The head structure have grown bulkier. Upper and lower jaw development have resulted in more pronounced lips. Give it a good pout baby! Faint dark lines have started to form on the newly developed barbels.

Eyes have started an interesting development. The eye pupil which has "kept" to itself for the last 24 days, have started to spread dots of black to the eye white area. Not sure why is that so.

Tummy area is well formed and no longer has that redness in them. A pearly, healthy white replaces the form reddish tummy area and has spread downwards to the anal area. Formation of internal and vital organs should be completed in a few days time.

Finally the tail fin has grown into a sharp pointy shape. Dark horizontal lines have started to form starting from the centre of the tail fins.

Baby LOLX jaw's are so big. Heard the worker tell me that becoz LOLX cannot close the jaw, therefore he cannot eat, so will prob die when the egg sack is finished. So sad

Tags
crossback, days, eggs, fry, harvest