Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 25-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #21
coryfav
Dragon

Eh... why do some condensers have this dripping problem while others don't? I'm just wondering.

Anyway, I recall a friend told me quite a few years back that he received a notice from the authorities (HDB or whoever, can't remember) about water dripping from his aircon (condenser?) and for him to contact them urgently. Turned out he's not been home so they couldn't contact him other way and incidentally, not being home means the dripping was from another flat upstairs. Yup, they didn't check properly before writing to him - notice was pretty stern, apparently.

So this incident made me think this dripping issue isn't really a "not-a-bother" one?
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #22
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfav View Post
Eh... why do some condensers have this dripping problem while others don't? I'm just wondering.

Anyway, I recall a friend told me quite a few years back that he received a notice from the authorities (HDB or whoever, can't remember) about water dripping from his aircon (condenser?) and for him to contact them urgently. Turned out he's not been home so they couldn't contact him other way and incidentally, not being home means the dripping was from another flat upstairs. Yup, they didn't check properly before writing to him - notice was pretty stern, apparently.

So this incident made me think this dripping issue isn't really a "not-a-bother" one?
Condenser sure will drip I think. Because it condenses.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #23
burntrubber
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle View Post
Is your window unit? I doubt you can install a pipe for split unit unless you have a tray to catch the drips?
All are split type. I noticed they rectified it by removing the tray and replacing with the pipe. Now it drips down on the driveway below but I sometimes still get it depending on the wind direction.
burntrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #24
bedoklist
Dragon

So with latest inverter type, dripping still occurs. I just installed my mit starmeh last mth and didnt see any pipe from below the unit.
bedoklist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #25
widjajas
Dragon

i thought the aircond contractor usually pull a pipe into the toilet to drip?
widjajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #26
coryfav
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
Condenser sure will drip I think. Because it condenses.
What I'm puzzled is, in a block of say 80 flats, probably 60 use aircon but it's actually not common to see water dripping when walking along downstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widjajas View Post
That's what I thought as well, something along this line to take care of the water.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #27
jungle
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by widjajas View Post
All all units do that, I did a survey around my neighbourhood, in fact most don't have it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #28
jungle
Senior Dragon

Quote:
What I'm puzzled is, in a block of say 80 flats, probably 60 use aircon but it's actually not common to see water dripping when walking along downstairs.

That's what I thought as well, something along this line to take care of the water.
Probably need to do a survey on a hot night after midnight

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #29
ydolphin
Endangered Dragon

Had the same problem from below neighbour, complained about water dripping. What my air con folks did was to seal off the bottom holes of the condenser unit and problem solved. The condensed water will pool at the base and evaporate off gradually instead of it dripping away during the times the air-con is on. According to the air-con folks, condenser will not be damaged whatsoever by this sealing.

Have tried proposing car mat but neighbour not for it.
ydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #30
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydolphin View Post
Had the same problem from below neighbour, complained about water dripping. What my air con folks did was to seal off the bottom holes of the condenser unit and problem solved. The condensed water will pool at the base and evaporate off gradually instead of it dripping away during the times the air-con is on. According to the air-con folks, condenser will not be damaged whatsoever by this sealing.

Have tried proposing car mat but neighbour not for it.
Got to be careful in case got mosquito breeding.

Quote:

Depends on how low the temp is set. If now very low temp the condensation could be much lesser. If on 18℃, after you off and open the door, the wall of the room near the air-con will "sweat" due to condensation.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote