Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 17-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
red_eyez

Default XB stop eating for 4 months!

Bros, please help me and my goldie, all of sudden he quit eating and been going like this for 4 months now..! I'm so worry and wanted him to getting back healthy. I only have him and about 6" Feifeng in the tank. I've been changing water once a week, 20% with RO water, PH~7.0, temp=85 F, Filter system=60gl tank with 4 chambers of bio homes/rings, main tank=180gl. The Feifeng is very healthy and eat normal. My goldie is about a year and half old, 14" long, was eating fine (15-20 meal worms/day) before he went on starving. I'm picking my hair out and can't think of anything else to do. Please advise and thank you in advance.
Old 17-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
No78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_eyez View Post
Bros, please help me and my goldie, all of sudden he quit eating and been going like this for 4 months now..! I'm so worry and wanted him to getting back healthy. I only have him and about 6" Feifeng in the tank. I've been changing water once a week, 20% with RO water, PH~7.0, temp=85 F, Filter system=60gl tank with 4 chambers of bio homes/rings, main tank=180gl. The Feifeng is very healthy and eat normal. My goldie is about a year and half old, 14" long, was eating fine (15-20 meal worms/day) before he went on starving. I'm picking my hair out and can't think of anything else to do. Please advise and thank you in advance.
bro, you only feed this much ? you try feeder ? froggies ? MP ? if you only feed SW .(eveyday same food for you also siao rite ?) get a few fast tank mate fighting for food maybe will help the aro fight for food too .
No78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
red_eyez

Thanks bro, I tried crickets (his most favorite) and feeders too, but no luck. Left the feeders in the tank for month with out losing a single one. Also, treated with black water extract (by Tetra) but to no avail.
Old 17-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Fins&Tails
Senior Dragon

not to worry bro. i had 2 aros also went fasting for 4 months. but surprisingly after a wc one day they got so hungry till they whack food like no tmr. but during the fasting period colouration changed alot for the better.
Fins&Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
willkee
Dragon

Imho,it's common for aro to fast for few months,jus keep feeding but make sure to clean the left over.my jus started fasting last month.dun think they will starve themself to death...
willkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
gaFin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins&Tails View Post
not to worry bro. i had 2 aros also went fasting for 4 months. but surprisingly after a wc one day they got so hungry till they whack food like no tmr. but during the fasting period colouration changed alot for the better.

bro, any idea how old were your aros when they went on fasting? is it natural for aro to fast when they undergo certain growing stages?
Old 17-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
BlueC
Dragon

Can be so long?
Last time my Aro fast longest was 2 weeks nia.
BlueC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
Fins&Tails
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaFin View Post
bro, any idea how old were your aros when they went on fasting? is it natural for aro to fast when they undergo certain growing stages?
they were about a year old at 16-17" since fasting started. around oct last year they started fasting till end of feb. both aros in a comm tank and weird thing is the rest eating like pigs and these 2 just can't seem bothered about food. overall even after 4 months they did not lose to the rest in terms of growing in length, but definately smaller in body size compared to the rest.
Fins&Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

14in u feed MWs?

fast 4mths liao NOW then ask?

Goldies seldom fast lehhhh
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
gaFin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins&Tails View Post
they were about a year old at 16-17" since fasting started. around oct last year they started fasting till end of feb. both aros in a comm tank and weird thing is the rest eating like pigs and these 2 just can't seem bothered about food. overall even after 4 months they did not lose to the rest in terms of growing in length, but definately smaller in body size compared to the rest.
ic... i wonder what's the actual reason for the behaviour...
mine also started fasting... but 3 days nia... other fishes seemed to be eating well still.. she used to be a heavy eater, taking abt 6-7 SWs, over 20 ML and probably a BF over fornight... but now, not even a ML... sigh...