Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 16-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #471
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Bro Aro77, better change the pump asap before something bad happens to u or yr maid or yr fish....

Due to space constraints, it is not easy for me to change other type of pumps... I just hope they can last longer... it is good to have 2 pumps. At least when one is down, I still have the other running to keep the Bio filters working...
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #472
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Bro Aro77, better change the pump asap before something bad happens to u or yr maid or yr fish....

Due to space constraints, it is not easy for me to change other type of pumps... I just hope they can last longer... it is good to have 2 pumps. At least when one is down, I still have the other running to keep the Bio filters working...
already changed that day

yes good for redundancy to have 2 pumps.

im slowly thinking if i should retire from the hobby with a big pond .. story for another day.
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #473
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
already changed that day

yes good for redundancy to have 2 pumps.

im slowly thinking if i should retire from the hobby with a big pond .. story for another day.
Good to hear that u had changed the pump

Retire from hobby with a big pond? What does that mean? what happen?
Old 17-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #474
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Good to hear that u had changed the pump

Retire from hobby with a big pond? What does that mean? what happen?
Getting tired of maintaining so many tanks & fishes. Maybe get a big tank , keep few of my best fishes and retired from hobby.. meaning stop buying .. now adays still once inawhile when itchy will go and buy some fishes for fun hehe...
Old 17-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #475
LauLanChu
Dragon

This type of 'urge' or 'itch' comes in wave. One moment you get tired and want to quit, next moment and spurs suddenly comes and you cannot stop the craze. I am having this 'transient attack' not sure you folks have the same. The craze also can go from different type of fish.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #476
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu View Post
This type of 'urge' or 'itch' comes in wave. One moment you get tired and want to quit, next moment and spurs suddenly comes and you cannot stop the craze. I am having this 'transient attack' not sure you folks have the same. The craze also can go from different type of fish.
Experiencing similar as you.
Old 18-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #477
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

U two can pass your monster fish to me when u want to change project I sold my ff and is short of big pleco to clear my algae
Old 18-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #478
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Recently dont know why... black and green hair algae booms in my pond... I also dont know if I should keep clearing them or just leave them as they are, or anything can be done to remove/stop these hair algae
Old 18-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #479
noidea
Dragon

Quote:
Recently dont know why... black and green hair algae booms in my pond... I also dont know if I should keep clearing them or just leave them as they are, or anything can be done to remove/stop these hair algae
I have a lot of black algae boom too in my pond, I just keep putting in microlift bacteria into the filter chambers and now the algae reduce a lot. Hopefully, in a week times all the black algae will be gone.
noidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 11:07 PM   #480
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
I have a lot of black algae boom too in my pond, I just keep putting in microlift bacteria into the filter chambers and now the algae reduce a lot. Hopefully, in a week times all the black algae will be gone.
Bro, u using microlift bacteria or MICROBE-LIFT/Algaway 5.4? Can microlift bacteria removes algae?

I am more interested to learn from the expert why and what causes the hair algae to boom? Should we just leave them alone?