Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Adv

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #21
CCT
Dragon
 
CCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 633
Rep Power: 1
CCT is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orhlulu View Post
Lol Bro, your expansion too fast too furious. From 2 ft to mutliple 4 ft now.
The poison runs deep in you

C328 sells the aquazonic leds quite cheaply. If you are free you can check with auntie for the prices
Haha ya quite posion, but now slow down already. Dunno free to go c328 anot. Stay sengkang le.
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #22
Orhlulu
Arofanatic
 
Orhlulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 2
Orhlulu is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

like that the savings not quite worth the trip down. Seaview might be a better choice.
Orhlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #23
CCT
Dragon
 
CCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 633
Rep Power: 1
CCT is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orhlulu View Post
like that the savings not quite worth the trip down. Seaview might be a better choice.

Haha seaview lights super ex. I see how ba.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #24
trueblue82
Arofanatic
 
trueblue82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 153
Rep Power: 2
trueblue82 is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 43
Default

Your water change is how many % each time and how you change?

just hose directly into tank and add anti chlorine or put in bucket to condition first?
trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #25
CCT
Dragon
 
CCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 633
Rep Power: 1
CCT is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue82 View Post
Your water change is how many % each time and how you change?



just hose directly into tank and add anti chlorine or put in bucket to condition first?

Bro my wc variant by tank for my canister tank i change 20 to 30% each time and for ohf tank i do at least 50%.

Usually i use hose direct as sg water is quite safe, and i usually put the anti chlorine only after wc is done, as you still have the old water to mix.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #26
johannes
Moderator
 
johannes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,906
Rep Power: 9
johannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personality
Reputation: 2366
Default

Different tanganyikan fishes have different tolerance to the chlorine and chloramine in our water. So I suggest dosing while topping up for those practicing direct tap water top up.
On top of that please dose to the whole tank's water volume and not just topped up water.
__________________
Life is full of empty promises and broken dreams
johannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #27
Orhlulu
Arofanatic
 
Orhlulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 2
Orhlulu is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

Dunno what is the definition of safe but here's my reading direct from the tap.

So far, wc is direct from tap and dosing prime after. Good days 40% wc plus 4 capful of prime. Normal days 20% plus 2 capful of prime.

I won't take chances with rarer or pricer fishes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orhlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #28
trueblue82
Arofanatic
 
trueblue82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 153
Rep Power: 2
trueblue82 is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 43
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Bro my wc variant by tank for my canister tank i change 20 to 30% each time and for ohf tank i do at least 50%.

Usually i use hose direct as sg water is quite safe, and i usually put the anti chlorine only after wc is done, as you still have the old water to mix.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tks all for the quick reply! 50% seems alot, will it affect the ph?


Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Different tanganyikan fishes have different tolerance to the chlorine and chloramine in our water. So I suggest dosing while topping up for those practicing direct tap water top up.
On top of that please dose to the whole tank's water volume and not just topped up water.
so generally 1 week change water once or twice? 20%wc?


lol, i hope i will not procrastinate and finally clear my old tank today to shift into position to accomodate my future 4ft tank...
trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #29
trueblue82
Arofanatic
 
trueblue82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 153
Rep Power: 2
trueblue82 is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orhlulu View Post
Dunno what is the definition of safe but here's my reading direct from the tap.

So far, wc is direct from tap and dosing prime after. Good days 40% wc plus 4 capful of prime. Normal days 20% plus 2 capful of prime.

I won't take chances with rarer or pricer fishes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow our tap nitrite so high one ah?!..wow


i decided on a frontosa tank first.......should i go for canister or overhead filter?.... will put sponge filter and make a few k1 filter too..........


do you guys recommend to cycle tank first before putting cichlids or they are hardy enough to add earlier?...i already have a few cycled sponge still running from my previous tank.
trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:39 PM   #30
CCT
Dragon
 
CCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 633
Rep Power: 1
CCT is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue82 View Post
tks all for the quick reply! 50% seems alot, will it affect the ph?









so generally 1 week change water once or twice? 20%wc?





lol, i hope i will not procrastinate and finally clear my old tank today to shift into position to accomodate my future 4ft tank...


Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue82 View Post
wow our tap nitrite so high one ah?!..wow





i decided on a frontosa tank first.......should i go for canister or overhead filter?.... will put sponge filter and make a few k1 filter too..........





do you guys recommend to cycle tank first before putting cichlids or they are hardy enough to add earlier?...i already have a few cycled sponge still running from my previous tank.

Ph wise not to worry much sg water is quite good, as long as you have media which increase ph or using coral sand as substance its fine as well.

I usually do once wc a week sometimes twice a week but not recommended.

Sponge filter for 4ft tank? Temporary measure with regular wc still ok but not permanent.

Both canister or ohf is fine but if your bio load is higher i recommend canister, ohf not very nice with those loads. Haha

Try to reuse your existing water rather all new tank water for your new tank, media if possible try to use used one as well. If possible of cos cycle will be good but if not choice then do what you think is best. For my case i use my old water mix with new so i usually do not cycle but there is risk for me to take.

I don't encourage u as i am risk taker. Not sure about you.

Anyway whats fronts you getting. Happy to see new fronts hobbyist around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Adv


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)