Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 09-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Marcusy

Default Cloudy water

need help again (sorry)new tank setup wif new layer of lapis sand(never wash b4 putting in the tank)after a few 80% water change but water cloudy after the next day . tank was set up on sat 6/10 now wif out any fish as to cycle the water. but in the canister just sponge and wool no media....

anyone have any ideas to clear up the water?

me thinking of puting those purifying power to clear up the water is is adviceable ? will it damage the biohome and the ceramic ring for the BB if i put in the power?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusy View Post
need help again (sorry)new tank setup wif new layer of lapis sand(never wash b4 putting in the tank)after a few 80% water change but water cloudy after the next day . tank was set up on sat 6/10 now wif out any fish as to cycle the water. but in the canister just sponge and wool no media....

anyone have any ideas to clear up the water?

me thinking of puting those purifying power to clear up the water is is adviceable ? will it damage the biohome and the ceramic ring for the BB if i put in the power?
a few answers in point form
1) how can you not wash lapis sand? it contains lot sof powerish yellow thingy which makes your tank cloudy
2) since you have biohome and ceramic rings, its considererd as media liao... try not to add purifying powder. instead got yourself a liquid BB solution to dose into your tank for BB to cultivate faster.
3)dun do any WC now as to not destroy the BB cultivation.
just let it be and i believe after at most 1week the cloudiess will be gone.
hope i can helps you with the 3 points..
anyway, you dun have to say sorry. forums is opened for people to help oneanother if any bros and sis counter any problems
my 2cents
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Marcusy

hi evo me haven put the biohm and the ceramic in the canister yet just normal wool in it tat all
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
a few answers in point form
1) how can you not wash lapis sand? it contains lot sof powerish yellow thingy which makes your tank cloudy
2) since you have biohome and ceramic rings, its considererd as media liao... try not to add purifying powder. instead got yourself a liquid BB solution to dose into your tank for BB to cultivate faster.
3)dun do any WC now as to not destroy the BB cultivation.
just let it be and i believe after at most 1week the cloudiess will be gone.
hope i can helps you with the 3 points..
anyway, you dun have to say sorry. forums is opened for people to help oneanother if any bros and sis counter any problems
my 2cents
Old 10-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
koolman
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusy View Post
hi evo me haven put the biohm and the ceramic in the canister yet just normal wool in it tat all
As mention earlier, you should now bulid BB in your water. Just add the biohm and ceremic now to cycle your tank.

Cheers

Koolman
koolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:46 AM   #5
Mark Tan

I had this experiment before, I add Geo Liquid for plant tank into the tank. When I added the Geo liquid in the water turn very milky but it clear up in one and half day. Not sure it will work for you.
Best regards
Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #6
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

bro, why dun u just add the biohome and ceramic in the filter? within few days water sure clear up.
dunno if this geo liquid or any water clearer is harmfull to BB or fishes anot.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote