Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #171
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
They are right footed but prefer to play on the left to cut in. You can tell when they take freekicks as they will always take it with their stronger foot.
Bro, I know that n u know that...JM? Why keep getting players who are comfortable on the left? With AS in, he's depriving AM n dropped him when he's gaining form.

Initially thot AS can play right but so far he's been placed either center or left...
Old 18-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #172
sfk7
Arofanatic

The party line is that they bought him for his attitude. Double edge sword I would say

And Pogba no longer is king of the roost thats why he is sulking like the prima donna that he is. Sanchez the same while he was still at Arsenal. Thats why, I do not understand why on earth did we buy him
Old 19-03-2018, 04:11 AM   #173
KeeHuat
Dragon

FA Cup semi-final

Manchester United v Tottenham
Old 19-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #174
KeeHuat
Dragon

Both SAF and Jose are winners and hate to lose. Read that SAF even hated losing at board games. However, the approach is slightly different towards players. SAF would see if any player still had the desire after a league win. If not, then he's gone. We didn't get to read much about what SAF does but when he does something, it's then in the papers, e.g. selling of stars at their peak after a league win, Ince, Beckham, Stam, etc.

Nemanja Matic admits Jose Mourinho is a 'difficult' manager to work for as midfielder urges his Manchester United team-mates to up their game

Nemanja Matic admits it is 'difficult' working under Jose Mourinho and has warned his Manchester United teammates to be ready to meet the challenge laid down by their manager.

Matic is one of only three players, along with Romelu Lukaku and David De Gea, to be exonerated from blame as Mourinho ramps up the pressure on his under-achieving stars.

The Serbia midfielder won the Premier League title under Mourinho at Chelsea in 2015 and knows exactly what the United boss expects from his squad after rejoining him at Old Trafford in a £40million deal last summer.

'It is very difficult to work with him because he always wants more and more,' said Matic after starring in the FA Cup win over Brighton.

'Even if you win the league he wants to win again next season. He is like this and the players need to be ready for that.

'He is special because he wants to win always. You can see when we lose a game he cannot accept that. Probably that's why he won more than 20 trophies in his life.

'Because at this high level, at Manchester United and where I used to play at Chelsea, the players need to be ready for that because the pressure is big.

Everyone expects you to win every game. Obviously, it is not possible, but supporters always expect. It doesn't matter if you are tired or not, supporters want high quality football. It is normal.' Matic seems to thrive in the environment created by Mourinho, and it is no surprise that he has been singled out for praise by the manager after establishing himself as United's key midfield player this season.

'I like it when the manager always wants better and better, so you have to improve always,' he added. 'I like this kind of work, this kind of relationship. I'm happy.

'I think he respects what I'm doing every day, not only in the game, but in the training sessions. I'm happy for that and I will continue like this.'

An FA Cup winner with Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea in 2010, Matic admits that lifting the trophy again this season would only atone so much for a season that has seen United trail well behind Manchester City in the Premier League and go out of the Champions League to Sevilla.

Asked if it would represent a successful season, he said: 'I think no. If we win the FA Cup it is good, but not perfect.

'You have four competitions in the season. If you win one, for me, it is not enough.

'In the Premier League, when you are in the first four this is not perfect, but it's good to play in the Champions League next season.

'If you win the FA Cup I cannot say it is a successful season, but it's a good season.

'This win gives us a little bit more confidence. The FA Cup is very important in England and we will fight to the end.'

Last edited by KeeHuat; 19-03-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 19-03-2018, 10:55 PM   #175
loveikan
Arofanatic

Our third kit for 2018/2019 is pink....looks very similar to juventus jersey.
Old 20-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #176
jwhtan
Barney

I dun think we will win the FA Cup .......

This Mourinho attack on our own players borders on self destruction
Can't stand his style of throwing the players under the bus

Whatever it is, keep it within the dressing room

You see SAF having differences with the players ..... Stam, Beckham etc
but he doesn't go public like this .....
hairdryer whatever but within the dressing room .....

Mourinho's style leaves a lot to be desired ....
He has lost the dressing room more than once in his career
Somehow he never learn

Frankly, I am hoping Luke Shaw leave and prove himself top class in another team
Old 20-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #177
loveikan
Arofanatic

Yup
Throwing player under the bus is his MO. Happened everywhere he went.

This is also a prelude to his departure.
The treatment of Shaw is not fair......it is very difficult for anyone perform consistently well whenever he was called upon when he was not given much opportunity in the first place.
Old 20-03-2018, 02:17 PM   #178
lenghan
Arofanatic

I agree that JM has completely lost the plot.
The way he criticized his players after the Brighton game was totally uncalled for. He accused them of passing the ball from left to right and vice versa and afraid to move forward. But isn't this the way we have played for the last few seasons?? And JM has never "disagreed" with this!!! But now?????

Now he is talking about a mass clearout!!
Hope the Board can be strong enough to stop him from destroying our beloved club. Honestly I can only sympathise with Shaw in the manner JM has continued to destroy him altho we can also say that Shaw did himself no favour with his below par performances when "given" the chance.
Old 20-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #179
KeeHuat
Dragon

To me when a board decides to sign on a manager, they know his style and need to accept that a leopard doesn't change its spots. They cannot complain afterwards and cry. A manager has his good and bad.

Why doesn't Jose blast Rashford and McTimonay but questions Martial and Shaw. Are some of the strawberries mentally weak, not questioning the skills. Or can Rashford and McTimonay take the criticism and try to improve. LVG also questioned Shaw. Are two top managers wrong? We don't see what goes on during training but only on match days.

At work, we also see the strawberry generation. Some are good, others leave a lot to be desired.

I think Young has performed better than Shaw to date in the left back position.

Will we question SAF the same way we query Jose. Did we make noise when he sold stars supposedly at their peak, Beckham, Ince, Stam, etc. SAF dropped Jim Leighton, his own Scotsman, for the 1990 FA Cup replay against Palace after his mistakes. Garry Birtles failed miserably when he signed from Forest. Not every player has the toughness and mental attitude to play for United when the pressure is on all the time, not just some of the time.

Man United has been in the doldrums for too many years and if this means we need to drop the deadwood and some of the strawberries and be ruthless so be it.

Last edited by KeeHuat; 20-03-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 20-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #180
KeeHuat
Dragon

And SAF and the board made one of the biggest blunders in signing Moyes!!!
Closed Thread