Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2018, 02:36 AM   #21
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Jürgen Klopp 'absolutely not happy' with season so far

Jürgen Klopp has declared himself 'absolutely not happy' with Liverpool's season so far, insisting he will only be able to reflect positively on what his team has achieved come the end of the campaign.

The Reds took a huge step toward qualification for the Champions League quarter-finals last week as they carved out a 5-0 aggregate lead over Porto in the first leg of the sides' last-16 tie.

Things also look promising on the domestic front, with Klopp's men sitting third in the Premier League - just two points short of second - ahead of Saturday's meeting with West Ham United at Anfield.

But the German isn't satisfied yet, with his sights set firmly on the challenges that lay ahead.

Klopp told reporters: "I am absolutely not happy. I want to be happy at the end of the season. Happy is not the word I have in my mind, to be honest; I am sometimes fine with it, sometimes more, sometimes less.

"Immediately after the game against Porto, it is not good for me as a human being, but I thought about West Ham - that is our life, to deal with that.

"What I want is that we are really ready for this game tomorrow. They will defend a little bit deeper, probably, and we need an atmosphere that is ready for that as well.

"It's nothing decided this season, we are in a good position but a good position only gives you the basis for the next few games and now we have to use it as a group - players, coaches, manager and crowd.

"We need to be ready for a difficult game tomorrow because they - I don't know exactly the results but - drew against Tottenham, lost with one goal at [Manchester] City, stuff like that. It shows you need to do it.

"They always have opportunities with counter-attacks and set-pieces to score by themselves.

"Either way, it’s all negative or when it's positive it's so positive that we don't care about the next thing. I am not like this.

"I really want to use this basis now and, for that, we have to be at our best tomorrow afternoon, so I know it’s a lot of work to do."
Old 24-02-2018, 02:39 AM   #22
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Mohamed Salah: My Liverpool FC dream

Liverpool are putting in ‘100 per cent every day’ to try and bring silverware back to Anfield, according to Mohamed Salah who has outlined his dream of lifting the Premier League title with the Reds.

The Egyptian forward insists both he and his teammates are doing all they can to clinch the club’s first trophy since 2012.

Salah told BBC’s Football Focus: “I came to here to win titles.

"I can tell the fans we work 100 per cent to try and win something for the club.

"It's a long time since the club won the league. It's my dream to win the Premier League - but I want to win it with this club."

Salah has scored 30 goals in just 36 appearances following his summer transfer from AS Roma.

He attributes such impressive statistics to a continued desire to improve – and also the quality he has around him within the Liverpool squad.

"It's easy to play with this kind of quality,” he said. “If you look at me now and five years ago, everything has changed both mentally and physically.

"I'm trying to improve myself every day. I always like to put myself under pressure to improve more.

"I give all my life to football, I only think about football. This is what is on my mind all the time."
Old 24-02-2018, 03:12 AM   #23
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Brazilian media claim Alisson talks with Liverpool are progressing

Despite recent claims in the British press that Liverpool had dropped their interest in Roma keeper Alisson Becker, Brazilian media have offered a very positive update.

Loris Karius‘ impressive recent form saw reports last week claim Klopp will keep his faith in his compatriot beyond this season.

That came following reports in Italy that Liverpool had begun discussions over a move for the highly-rated 25-year-old.

And reports in Brazil say talks are progressing and that a move to Liverpool appears likely this summer.

According to Esporte, “Liverpool have an advantage over PSG and Real Madrid,” with the 25-year-old keen on joining the Reds.

It’s claimed that the players entourage expect a move after the World Cup to make him the world’s most expensive goalkeeper, with a £62 million fee previously reported.

That would mean Liverpool having broken the transfer record for a goalkeeper and a defender, Virgil van Dijk, in 2018. They also have Naby Keita arriving for £55 million this summer.

Should a move for Alisson be finalised between now and the summer, it would be a fantastic piece of business – one of Liverpool’s most significant in years.

Brazil’s first-choice ‘keeper has been in top form for Roma this season, gaining a reputation as one of the best stoppers in Europe in the process.

He again shone for the Giallorossi in the Champions League in midweek, making six saves to arguably keep his side in the tie against Shakhtar Donetsk, after an eventual 2-1 loss.

For all Karius’ undoubted improvements, Liverpool need a world-class presence between the sticks if they want to reach that next level.

Not since the early days of Pepe Reina have they been blessed with that calibre of ‘keeper, and the difference it would make would be vast.

Of course, if Karius is exceptional until May, Klopp’s reasoning for not bringing in a new face would make more sense, but it’s certainly wise to continue discussions with Alisson.
Old 24-02-2018, 03:14 AM   #24
NI KI
Arofanatic

Important Mo Goals

Harry Kane has scored the most goals in the Premier League this season - but Mohamed Salah’s strikes have been more important for Liverpool.

According to the Premier League, the Egyptian’s goals have meant an extra 13 points for Liverpool, in contrast with the 12 points that Kane’s goals have won for Spurs. Aguero, on the other hand, has only secured a, er, paltry seven points for City.

So he doesn’t just bag them - the Egyptian king gets the important ones!

Old 24-02-2018, 03:35 AM   #25
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool could have best defence in the world after surprising Premier League transfer news

Tottenham are not going to give Toby Alderweireld the £150k/week contract he desires and as a result, are willing to sell him this summer.

That’s according to a completely reputable source in the Times.

The Belgian defender, who turns 29 in a few days’ time, is regarded by many as the best centre-back in the country.

Part of his anger is that Virgil van Dijk is being paid £180k/week by Liverpool, over three times his current £50k/week salary.

A release-clause comes into play in 2019 that means Spurs would have to sell for £25m, so our rivals have decided to cash in at the end of this season.

Liverpool would be crazy not to consider a serious offer… We were paying Daniel Sturridge around £150k/week before his loan exit and James Milner is on not dissimilar wages, so spending that on a genuinely world-class centre-back should be a no-brainer considering where our problems have ocurred under Jurgen Klopp.

The club never splashes proper cash on ageing players, but an exception should be made for Alderweireld. A central defensive partnership of van Dijk alongside the Spurs man would be comparable with anything in world football.

With our attack already exceptional, and Naby Keita arriving to bolster the midfield, we would genuinely challenge on all fronts.
Old 24-02-2018, 03:43 AM   #26
NI KI
Arofanatic

Adam Lallana has got rid of the mop! Big scenes

Old 24-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #27
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Team news: Liverpool v West Ham

Jürgen Klopp has no fresh injury concerns to contend with ahead of Saturday's meeting with West Ham United.

Only Nathaniel Clyne, who resumed full training last week having missed the entirety of the season so far with a back problem, is set to be unavailable for the Hammers' visit to Anfield.

When asked during his pre-match press conference on Friday whether he has any major doubts for the Premier League clash, Klopp replied: “Not really in this moment.

“Little things always; little stomach [problem] here and there, but should be OK. Nobody said today to me that they are still out, but we had one or two players with little issues. Stomach-wise, they should be OK, hopefully.

“[Nobody is a real doubt] in the moment, no.”

West Ham boss David Moyes, meanwhile, is similarly upbeat about the availability of his squad ahead of their trip to L4.

"It's good news, we've got a lot of players back training. We're without the long-termers Andy Carroll, Pedro Obiang and Edmilson Fernandes but in the main we're close to getting the players back.

"Manuel Lanzini is back training, he's running around and hopefully that he is fit for the rest of the season. Winston Reid is back and will be part of the squad too."

Moyes will be without Arthur Masuaku due to suspension, though.

Last edited by NI KI; 24-02-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 24-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #28
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 24-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #29
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default 'I saw pure quality in the Champions League but no-one to scare me'

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he watched “pure quality” in the Champions League this week - but insists he didn’t see anything to scare him.

The Reds are on the brink of securing their passage to the quarter-finals after an emphatic 5-0 first leg win over FC Porto and Klopp has been studying the other last 16 battles with interest.

Bayern Munich’s demolition of Besiktas and Chelsea’s draw with Barcelona was followed on Wednesday by Shakhtar Donetsk beating Roma 2-1, while Sevilla and Manchester United fought out a goalless draw.

“I watched all the games,” Klopp said.“I saw pure quality. I knew that Sevilla were still really strong so I wasn’t surprised. It was a completely normal game that United played there.

“All the others – Shakhtar Donetsk was maybe a surprise for a few people but they have quality. They are still in their winter break and that makes it very special for them what they achieved against Roma.

“I know all the teams but it is nice when you are involved and you need to watch it. We play United in two weeks so I needed to watch that and we could play Sevilla again if we go through.

“I was not worried before I watched all the games, I am not worried now. All I know is that they all have big quality.”
Old 24-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #30
NI KI
Arofanatic

The race is on...

Closed Thread