Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #81
xersion
Dragon

erm.. i saw 1 full black cray at c328.. any idea how much it cost?
Old 14-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #82
allim
Arofanatic

Default Scar on blue crayfish shell

Hi,

if there is a deep scar on my blue crayfish shell, will the scar heal during the next moult? Thanks in advance.
Old 15-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #83
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
erm.. i saw 1 full black cray at c328.. any idea how much it cost?
you went there too?? ya i was there ... did you see 1 guy with the laptop outside?

bros, wat i saw was interesting.. there is a deep RED cray.. not out usual red though. not sure its the same species.. they have both for sale. pros pls check it out and ID them
Old 15-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #84
xersion
Dragon

bro i was there last week.. guess that blackie not sold yet
Old 15-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #85
Tualatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming View Post
ya...but i believe tat as more generations are being bred..they might change and adapt to our environment...eg..maybe marron need 16c but the new babies..u give them 17c and so on...gradually..i wonder bro tualatin ever tried?
Maybe the Marrons have a a chance of evolving over the generations, but that is going to take a long time before they can natively sustain in our climate, if at all. No, I have no luck so far in breeding Marrons and Koonacs, although I did harbour the idea probably two years back. I bought three pairs each of the Marrons and Koonacs, roughly 6 inches each, and lose them pretty fast over a period of weeks. They are incredibly hard to keep alive and so far I have not been able to hear of any successful stories. Then again, the old crayfish bros Lobsterman and destination33 seemed to have move on from keeping crayfishes. Maybe you guys can prove me wrong? Either way, It is going to be an expensive experiment which does not look very promising even from the beginning, but we see how it goes. Perhaps I will try again in the future.

Old 15-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #86
Tualatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab7 View Post
i tot you tokin abt bettas lol..

ppl of your calibre should jump start into marrons,,, u wont regret
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerBox View Post
Haha! Nice one bro...

Ya... I'm looking for a maroon. You know anywhere can get a good big male?

Hope to get some nice specimens and then do some photo-shoot. Getting abit bored with taking betta pics.
Quote:
taking betta pics is MUCH MUCH MUCH more challenging.

marroons ar... i seen a few HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1 at qianhu... but recently I am not very sure. I think i should have pics of those marroons.. wil post pics later.
Just a gentle reminder for bros who want to try out the Marrons. First thing to keep in mind is keep the temperature right, which might need the use of a chiller or fan setup. Second thing you want to take note is to get the Marrons to eat, which could probably involve the use of live feeders. Failure to ensure either of which will inevitably cause the quick perishment of these beautiful and expensive electric blue pets.

Old 15-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #87
Tualatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by allim View Post
Hi,

if there is a deep scar on my blue crayfish shell, will the scar heal during the next moult? Thanks in advance.
If it is just a scratch on the shell, it will disappear with the next moult. However, it goes beyond the shell, this can be a cause for concern as the internals of the crayfish might be injured and can become infected.

Old 15-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #88
Tualatin

Quote:
you went there too?? ya i was there ... did you see 1 guy with the laptop outside?

bros, wat i saw was interesting.. there is a deep RED cray.. not out usual red though. not sure its the same species.. they have both for sale. pros pls check it out and ID them
Do you have any pictures of the possible exotic crayfish? Let's see if I can drop by and take a look one of the days, assuming it is not sold by then.

Last edited by Tualatin; 15-03-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Old 15-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #89
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post
Do you any pictures of the possible exotic crayfish? Let's see if I can drop by and take a look one of the days, assuming it is not sold by then.
juz imagine.. CHILLY RED... no i did not take a pic of them sorry. do go down and check it out. there are quite a number of them b4 i left
Old 15-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #90
kebab7
Endangered Dragon

sharing of more pics

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8713/lobsterxe2.jpg
Closed Thread