Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 04-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #21
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loster
hahaha... that's is fun about chemistry. my mg always at the low side till i replace 1/3 of my tank vol mix salt water and now my mg is on the high side i guess coralife salt have a high mg
Yes Corallife has the highest MG

Regards
Old 04-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #22
loster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
Yes Corallife has the highest MG

Regards
may be that pack only. after water change and replacement, my mg suudenly shot up to more than 1500ppm. don't bother to measure further. hope that i will drop over time. but kh and ca are stable so don't bother to meansure mg for tiime being
Old 05-11-2005, 02:19 AM   #23
wlchew

Quote:
may be that pack only. after water change and replacement, my mg suudenly shot up to more than 1500ppm. don't bother to measure further. hope that i will drop over time. but kh and ca are stable so don't bother to meansure mg for tiime being
Bro, don't worry of high Mg...it can drop faster than stock index. as Calcium being consumed..Mg will decrease over time...mine used to be around 1600 now is around 1250 in under 1 mth.

Cheers..I also don't monitor too closely with Mg..unless I see some rock started to turn slightly "white"...
Old 05-11-2005, 03:11 AM   #24
loster

wow... just 1 mth and it drop so fast will measure again some time later. before that i never measure my mg for more than 6mths until i have difficulties maintain my ca and kh reading with right ratio. took the reading was 1090ppm that time i thought should have suspect and measure it earlier. so that i don't have to spent so much on reef builder and reef adv. to right back the right ratio. once mg problem solved... sit back and enjoy. let my CR do it job
Old 05-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #25
sherman

Quote:
Bro,
For me,I think MG is more critical measurement than KH or CA.
I will measure MG first and ensure it is within spec before I
carried out testing KH and CA.

Regards
Old 05-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #26
subxero

Quote:
hahaha... that's is fun about chemistry. my mg always at the low side till i replace 1/3 of my tank vol mix salt water and now my mg is on the high side i guess coralife salt have a high mg
Is it? I am using coralife salt too, but i still need to dose mg and ca.

Anyway i just got some TM reef salt to try out, heard that the result for it is not bad.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #27
loster

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero
Is it? I am using coralife salt too, but i still need to dose mg and ca.

Anyway i just got some TM reef salt to try out, heard that the result for it is not bad.
are you using lime water (kalk)? i was told and i think i read somewhere that long term of use kalk, will drop your mg. i will try to find the link again. stay tune i use coralife and i have no problem with ca and mg
Old 07-11-2005, 02:04 AM   #28
flame angel

Quote:
are you using lime water (kalk)? i was told and i think i read somewhere that long term of use kalk, will drop your mg. i will try to find the link again. stay tune i use coralife and i have no problem with ca and mg
If u used Kalk and push Ca to higher end then KH will drop, I guess u r right also cos more room for Ca will make less room for the other stuff.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #29
subxero

Quote:
Nope.. i'm not dosing kalk.. Remember I already have problem with high kH. and low Ca problem. Mg ok liao, around 1300ppm range

Tuning to the right frequency liao
Old 07-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #30
subxero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame angel
If u used Kalk and push Ca to higher end then KH will drop, I guess u r right also cos more room for Ca will make less room for the other stuff.
Kalk is to adjust kH lower? Thought it is to maintain or push kH higher?