Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 23-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #11
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
622 or 633 is scary because of the height. I not so pro to scape something that is so "tall". Besides for 633, anything more than 2ft in height will have to use MH liao.

I dun think sump is good for planted tank at all leh.. at the amount of water surface moving, its gonna be a waste of co2.

kekeke.. it will be very fun to scape a 633!
anyway, in another forum, i saw this guy posted that his sump planted tank didn't loose alot co2.. just a little.. and increasing the BPS would do the job..
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #12
Aquaria One

A 6 ft by 3 ft by 3ft is a huge tank.......have fun scaping it!
Old 24-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #13
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaria One View Post
A 6 ft by 3 ft by 3ft is a huge tank.......have fun scaping it!
6 x 1.5 x 1.5.. not 633, not so pro yet. haha.
Old 24-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #14
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleflare View Post
other models in wat sense? pro3/ pro3e is too poweful and u dun need it... pro2 series is already e upgrade version with e self-priming included. IMHO pro2 series suits wat u r looking for best.
Thanks bro, I'll go with 2026 then.
Old 24-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #15
Mizu World

Filtration and circulation is very important in any tank. Having 2 filters will be better as the other one can serve as a temporary filter in case of breakdown.

You should go for a larger unit (eg. 2028) if you can as these will surve you better in the long run.
Old 24-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
Aquaticculture

I'm using 2 X 2028 for my 422.

Its main purpose is to have evenly distributed CO2 and no deadspots. Since the flowrate reduced quite a lot as its being buffered by my scape, my tetra doesn't seem to be affected by it much. Only at the direct outlet do I see massive flowrate but some of my tetra seems to take it like a treadmill when they're bored.

Anyway, its better to have a tank over filtrated than under. Another advantage is that I don't wash the filters simultaneously so minimum lost of BB.
Old 24-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #17
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu World View Post
Filtration and circulation is very important in any tank. Having 2 filters will be better as the other one can serve as a temporary filter in case of breakdown.

You should go for a larger unit (eg. 2028) if you can as these will surve you better in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaticculture View Post
I'm using 2 X 2028 for my 422.

Its main purpose is to have evenly distributed CO2 and no deadspots. Since the flowrate reduced quite a lot as its being buffered by my scape, my tetra doesn't seem to be affected by it much. Only at the direct outlet do I see massive flowrate but some of my tetra seems to take it like a treadmill when they're bored.

Anyway, its better to have a tank over filtrated than under. Another advantage is that I don't wash the filters simultaneously so minimum lost of BB.
Thanks for all the advice. I checked and realised that 2026 & 2028 pump output difference is only 100l/h. So I will be getting two 2028 instead.
Old 24-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
dkk08
Arofanatic

Bro JIG, 622 is just nice I think, 633 is a killer! I'm already having backaches from scaping my 2.5ft cube tank lor
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #19
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
I get what you mean. Rainbars will mean even distrubuted flow throughout the length of the tank. But, I will not be using rainbars. What do you think if it is just the two outlets pointing at each other?

The filters I will be using are two eheim pro2 2026. 611's volume will just be about under 400 litres.

P.S. Thanks mod for shifting this thread.. sorry for posting in the wrong forum.
Using 2 straight outflows is still OK but gets tricky since the length you can control is much less.

Is there a specific reason why you are not running with rainbars?
Old 25-10-2008, 02:21 AM   #20
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
Bro JIG, 622 is just nice I think, 633 is a killer! I'm already having backaches from scaping my 2.5ft cube tank lor
I am ordering a 611 tank not 622. heh. Good luck with your 2.5ft! I bet it will turn out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
Using 2 straight outflows is still OK but gets tricky since the length you can control is much less.

Is there a specific reason why you are not running with rainbars?
An article I read at aquascaping world states that the reason why to date ADA has not designed a glass rainbar is because Takashi Amano has proven that rainbars do not push water around the tank as effectively as one single bigger outlet as water pressure is lost in the rainbar. Although the jets seem powerful from the rainbar, water flow is reduced compared to a single outlet due to the fact that no pressure is lost.

And my other reason is that personally, I dun like the look of rainbars in a tank.