Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 07-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #61
kagemaru

I would think that the Law of Dominance from Mendelian Genetics would probably prevail for a F0 crossing

X - crossback
x - rtg

A cross of the parent aros F0 bearing X or x characteristics would result in the following:

XX - Crossback dominant traits
Xx - Crossback Dominant traits
xx - RTG dominant traits

This is on the assumption that X is the dominant genes and the offsprings would follow the dominant traits

Whereas on the other hand for Law of Segregation, 75% would be X and 25% to be x (the ratio of 3:1 proportion of the offsprings would be 75% XB and 25% RTG)

The other law of Independent Assortment would probably applies to the spoon head , bullet head characteristics coupled with a X or x characteristics

Old 07-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #62
Keane
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
see ... this is worse ... something tat is pure speculation and completely not true ..... its very dangerous when these are propagated thru the internet as the truth especially to newbies who doesn't know abt this at all and its taken as the truth
my fren went to the showroom of a local fishfarm and there they have quite a few pcs of so-called hbrtg for sale........price is quoted at an astonishing $988..........when we asked the fishfarm worker there for the reasons for such a high price.........reply was as these pcs were XBs that cannot make the grade for tagging and selling as XBs........my fren bought one pc from them..........

i posted what i know and what i've heard.........from the farm pple themselves...........
Old 07-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #63
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane
my fren went to the showroom of a local fishfarm and there they have quite a few pcs of so-called hbrtg for sale........price is quoted at an astonishing $988..........when we asked the fishfarm worker there for the reasons for such a high price.........reply was as these pcs were XBs that cannot make the grade for tagging and selling as XBs........my fren bought one pc from them..........

i posted what i know and what i've heard.........from the farm pple themselves...........
this is exactly wat i mean when i post this

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=15
Old 07-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #64
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

up till now, i still don't understand this. why would farm want to sell xb at such a lower price? xb still xb mah.

anyway......if it is true? could these be those F2 generation xb that might have F1 parents which also has rtg heritage? so they turn out to be lousy xb thus being sold as high grade rtg?

hahaha....john surely will be shaking his head on my silly assumptions.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:45 AM   #65
Keane
Arofanatic

Quote:

hmm.........maybe i can ask my fren to join arofanatics and showcase his so called hbrtg with nice pearlies developed and 5th level already fully crossed presently..........traits possible to be found in RTGs whether hb or not?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #66
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
hmm.........maybe i can ask my fren to join arofanatics and showcase his so called hbrtg with nice pearlies developed and 5th level already fully crossed presently..........traits possible to be found in RTGs whether hb or not?
please do. would welcome new members to share knowledge with us.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #67
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
yes. the so call undesirable traits will come out in subsequent breeding of these aros. but, what they sell might not be what they'd use back for breeding. i'd rather do selective breeding on xb to improve my quality rather then selective breeding of rtg.

point is, can make money now make now. dun wait. that's what i feel about the farms now. how many of them actualy has F5 or F7 rtg on sale? (i might be ignorant about this) but point is.....i can always use other rtgs and xb from my current brooding stock to produce pure breeds. no need to use back the F1 that i sell. judging from production rates? aros can produce for the next 5 years after they mature before production declines....so farmers only worry about brood stock then. anyway, they can always keep some pure rtgs and xb to do this again.

dun know leh....maybe i too naive.
interesting points .......

Quote:
please do .... moRe the merrier ... afterall, its an oPen forum
Old 07-06-2005, 12:53 AM   #68
Keane
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
up till now, i still don't understand this. why would farm want to sell xb at such a lower price? xb still xb mah.

anyway......if it is true? could these be those F2 generation xb that might have F1 parents which also has rtg heritage? so they turn out to be lousy xb thus being sold as high grade rtg?

hahaha....john surely will be shaking his head on my silly assumptions.
spot on........me and my fren asked the same question when we're not sure if what the farm chap has said was true..........he replied with a question........why would any farm in theor right frame of mind want to breed XBs and RTGs to get the legendary HBRTG which is still classified as a RTG?

his so-called XBs rejects numbers are only very minor for each of the broods the farm harvest......

i say again........i'm just stating a fact which i learn/heard from the farm pple themselves.......so pls dun lecture me this and that..........as i'm an aro fanatic coming here to discuss and learn.........
Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #69
inca168
Arofanatic

respect your explaination
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #70
jpn

Quote:

Care to share the insights on why we have Hiback Rtg? One dun refute the claims without giving the whole picture. I don't complain without giving solutions. I'm not against ur claims but just hope to know more as a hobbist. I think there are many members here who want to know to. I sincerely hope u can try to answer this please. You claim HBrtg is not a hybrid between a xback golden n a rtg based on the suggestion it is not lucrative enough for them to cross breed. There are many speculations about hbrtg, etc. However by just suggesting it is not lucrative enough for them to crossbreed is not convincing enough. Or you can provide more insights on hiback? How exactly we get hiback rtgs? There are bros here who mention a 4level shine bred with a 4 level shine don't give u fifth level shine. Cross breeding with crossback golden is not lucrative, perhaps, cross breeding with crossback green might be lucrative? Oh by the way, this is just a suggestion. Nothing concrete. We are begining to see more and more Rtgs that look more like crossbacks, why is this happening?