Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #21
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
good that you observe it too anyway, those are just my thoughts. and a little reminder, as long s you have thought and looked through and if you think you are ready for the mobas, why not?

have fun and enjoy the hobby.

Yes definitely enjoying

CCT
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #22
Gowling
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Thanks for the info, anyway is moba so expensive because of their limited In stock? $200 for Jueville is a lot.

CCT
One thing I like about fronts is they are very hardy and can survive in wide range of pH
So you can be assured these $200 fish won't die on you unless you really neglect them a lot.
Unfortunately I lost one moba just last month after it jumped of out the sump tank. It was the smallest and was often bulled so temporary house in sump to recover from torn fins.
Lesson learnt!
Gowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #23
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Youngman has pointed few factors to you liao, which are important...

1. Look at your set up

2. Tropheus vs fronts

I agreed with him and personally if I'm you.....I would go slow first because you haven't actually experienced the behaviors of trop/fronts/etc in a community tank. Only after 3~6 months...when the fishes grow bigger or mature....then you will see their true behaviors and realised that your tank will NOT be able to accommodate all of them, then you will know exactly which type of fishes can co-exist with the others. Example...tropheus love nibbing fins of fishes and stressing most fishes, trets are bullies, fronts are gentle giants that needed big space, etc.

Mobas are not cheap and do best in a big tank with specific types of fishes to co-exist, definitely NOT with tropheus. By a BIG tank...I mean best in minimum of 5ft tank to thrive. Do take all these into consideration before plunging into the world of Mobas!

Brichard, thanks for the advise, that's why I I'm go for big moba instead waiting patiently for small size in the mean time build up my experience and level in fish keeping. I like I get small fish as I can observe and see through their growth. Was very happy to see my Malawi to grow from 1 inch to 3 in 4 months.

Anyway I really need 5ft? No space for that. The most is another 4ft, 5ft need to put outside my house already

CCT
Old 10-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #24
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowling View Post
One thing I like about fronts is they are very hardy and can survive in wide range of pH

So you can be assured these $200 fish won't die on you unless you really neglect them a lot.

Unfortunately I lost one moba just last month after it jumped of out the sump tank. It was the smallest and was often bulled so temporary house in sump to recover from torn fins.

Lesson learnt!

OMG that's pain not only in pocket but the effort and relationship develop during the keeping. Next time must put cover.

CCT
Old 10-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #25
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Jumping out is one factor as experienced. Especially Zaire's as they are quite skittish.
More importantly water parameters. Over loading too quickly and you will experience a crash in your tank system soon.
And again, they might be able to take and adapt to a wife range of pH, but that's not the only parameter. And different people have different regime. This is wild caught or F1 fishes, better to play it safe then to regret or panic when they start dying.
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #26
Dragon

If panic can call you bo? Frontosa hotline.
900801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #27
CCT
Dragon

Haha 911

CCT
Old 10-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #28
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900801 View Post
If panic can call you bo? Frontosa hotline.
cannot. i am not frontosa expert.
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #29
CCT
Dragon

Not grand master also master la

CCT
Old 11-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #30
CCT
Dragon

1 just found a black strip under one of my Burundi mouth, I check the rest don't have, is it due to hydrid or norm?

CCT