Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 30-03-2004, 03:17 PM   #11
coconut3

Default Re: Nicely done !

Quote:
Originally posted by SpaTanS
nice bottle u got there ... tupperwear ? kekekeke ...

i did mine with those new year container ... think it's less than 1.5 ltr ? drip quite slow but half a day, finish liao ... ooh, and i did not cover the top ... see u bros said cover the top better ? ok, i'll go home and work on it ... maybe get a BIGGER container too ...
tupperware where got so cheap...
was intend to use the new year container too...
but saw this bottle when i went back home town...
so cheap somemore got water level reading
Old 30-03-2004, 03:19 PM   #12
coconut3

Quote:
Originally posted by nsyahron
Correct, if there is no Calcium hungry animals in the tank like SPS/LPS/clam, then there is no need even to drip kalkwasser. Just doing regular and frequent water changes can help replace lost Ca/alk/trace elements.
i use it to promote the growth of coralline algae...
so i don drip everyday lor
Old 30-03-2004, 08:13 PM   #13
mansiz

So coconut3, how you drill the hole? I uses a screw driver (front sharp one) last time, but it end up to be a bigger hole than the green switch. Hmm you did use silicon? Why I did'nt see it at the picture? You manage to glued it inside the bottle or you just use a little? I uses a lot of silicon last time, paste till like a bee hives, but still leak ler. And you manage to let it drip at the rate of 1 drop per 2 - 3 seconds? I uses the same switch as yours, but I just open a little, wow the drops like 1 second 3 to 5 drops.
Old 30-03-2004, 09:55 PM   #14
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

What I did is to make a hole smaller than the silicon airtube and force the airtube into the bottle. Superglue the air tube and connect a airvalve to the airtube.

The green plastic valve is actually detachable if you look carefully some valves may not be water tight so pls look carefully before you buy.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #15
KaLiB

I use a screw driver(those cross shape type) and force a hole into the side of the mineral water bottle. Then i force an air tube in, so far so good.

The valve is infact quite troublesome, i use the same valve. Need to adjust very slowly to get the right flowrate, cannot be impatient.
Old 31-03-2004, 10:29 AM   #16
coconut3

Quote:
Originally posted by mansiz
So coconut3, how you drill the hole? I uses a screw driver (front sharp one) last time, but it end up to be a bigger hole than the green switch. Hmm you did use silicon? Why I did'nt see it at the picture? You manage to glued it inside the bottle or you just use a little? I uses a lot of silicon last time, paste till like a bee hives, but still leak ler. And you manage to let it drip at the rate of 1 drop per 2 - 3 seconds? I uses the same switch as yours, but I just open a little, wow the drops like 1 second 3 to 5 drops.
yo mansiz.. i just use a pen knife.. just 'twist' it to make a hole..
no glue or silicon involved here... y no leak? i guess it is tight enough and may because of the plastic material
Old 31-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #17
devilfire

Quote:
Originally posted by nsyahron
Correct, if there is no Calcium hungry animals in the tank like SPS/LPS/clam, then there is no need even to drip kalkwasser. Just doing regular and frequent water changes can help replace lost Ca/alk/trace elements.
If u want n maintain good coraline algae, u need calcium.
Old 31-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #18
slcw

u have very nice bottle, i like that it has litres shown.

I have kalk mixture, but lazy to mix and drip.
the mixture told me it has to be used up in 1 day even air tight.

btw, how do u rest the bottle...suspended?
Old 31-03-2004, 05:08 PM   #19
coconut3

Quote:
Originally posted by slcw
u have very nice bottle, i like that it has litres shown.

the mixture told me it has to be used up in 1 day even air tight.

wat u mean bro
Old 31-03-2004, 06:20 PM   #20
slcw

u have very nice bottle, i like that it has litres shown. - can measure the amount of kalk added to tank.

the mixture told me it has to be used up in 1 day even air tight. - the instructions of the kalk instruct me to use up whatever is mix within 1 day.

- where do u hang the bottle or place the bottle.
I do not have readily available space to place the bottle without modification to my sump.